Sunday 15 July 2012

Shepton Mallet Giant Flea!

 So at 9am I headed off to the Shepton Mallet Giant Flea - it's really popular so always a good idea to get there early. Due to the wet weather we've endured, they even dropped the entrance fee due to poor underfoot conditions!

 It really was very muddy underfoot and it was really spread out in an attempt to get people off the grass and onto some form of hard surface. It made it seem huge but I guess it was probably as big as normal.



 There's always a really good mix of stuff - old, new, vintage, antique, shabby chic and rubbish!! 
I always have a quick look around and then go back to stands that really interest me.

Of course I came home with a few bits......

 This shelf for the kitchen just £12

 This old crate, just a tenner

These old vintage Union Jack flags just £2 each and some lovely red Gingham material just £7 a meter - The enamel dish in the first photo was only £2 and I got Sophie over a meters worth of pink stripey fabric for just £3. 

The next Flea is on August 26th and you can find out all about it *HERE*

3 comments:

Fiona said...

What a lovely haul...I love the red enamel coffee pot and we have a similar painted picture frame that we had a mirror put in it, frame £5 mirror £18...bargain! If we ever live your side of Bristol I will be coming along too! Paint pots at the ready?

Crafted by Carly said...

What a lot of gorgeous goodies!!!
Carly
x

Riddlers cottage flowers said...

I have saved date for next one.It looks great.X