Saturday 24 September 2022

Checking in


 A busy old start to the week with work! Worked my normal Sunday, had the Monday off for the Queen's funeral, then worked Tuesday and the Wednesday extra! First Yoga on Wednesday evening, not stretched all summer and boy did I feel it on Thursday morning!! So on Thursday, day off and my first opportunity in a very long time, I headed off to the woods, on my own, with my camera and just ambled.


I LOVE the woods, they're my happy place. 
I could spend hours there, just breathing in the still, quiet, peaceful, calm surroundings.


I haven't taken any proper camera photo's for a long time. 
And so happy my first fungi find of the season was this classic.


If you look, you can find!!

I also got to enjoy a lovely long overdue night out, a beer, food and catch up with my lovely friend. We used to meet weekly for coffee but as the years have gone on, it seems much harder to find the time to get together and just enjoy a few hours chatting.


Caught up with jobs on Friday morning, then escaped for an hour in the afternoon, 
went out for another walk, just up the road......


......making the most of the good weather, while it lasts!


The sunflowers are still looking good!


Now Sophie has finally started her job and she could arrange some holiday leave, she and I have booked a mini Italian adventure for her Birthday in November. We're off to Milan! We owe her a European Adventure 'somewhere' for her belated 21st gift. Covid obviously stopped travel for her 21st birthday year and she didn't feel happy travelling last year, so Milan it is, this November!


Today though we headed up to Cardiff. Jeff had an Exeat weekend and a rare Saturday off, so we went up to Cardiff for the day. A chance for him to see Sophie's flat.....


.....and a chance for us to get a guided tour of Sam's student house.


He was very tired and very grumpy, having been out clubbing all night and only getting in at 6:00am!!!! Once he'd eaten, he slightly improved but we let him head back to his house to sleep and went back to Sophie's for a coffee, before heading home.


Hoping he has a good year and he actually knuckles down and does some work this year!


Anyway, it was lovely to see them both happy and settled and ready to start off on their new, very different adventures. 

I should be on holiday tomorrow, enjoying our rare weekend off together but they are very short staffed and I felt bad for my friend, so offered to swap my holiday for another time and work the Sunday. Am regretting my decision now, as it would be lovely to be at home tomorrow. SIGH!!! Too late now, will set the alarm for 6:45am and power on through. It can't be as bad as last week. We were soooooo busy because we were closed on the Monday, was like Christmas. This is when working a weekend is hard! Still, have just two days to do, my actual contracted hours, then 5 days off with nothing planned, other than clean and tidy the house!! 
Have a good week x

No comments: