Sunday 24 September 2023

New Job! All the Old 45's! A busy old week!!


What a week!
A busy one, after a slow start!
A wet, windy miserable start!!
Rescued sunflowers from the rain.


I had no plans for the start of the week. Ideally, get out and walk with my camera but the rain put a stop to that. So by Wednesday, with still no change in the weather, I decided to go to the cinema. I love our local cinema, currently £5 for a film, with free coffee and biscuits!! So as there was an 11am screening, I watched Agatha Christie's 'A Haunting in Venice'.


Had a mooch in Wells, bit of lunch, then stayed to watch the 3pm screening of 
 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3'. Not brilliant but some of the scenery was worth the watch. 


Then Thursday was something different. 
Interview shoes!!

I had an interview for the role of Exam Invigilator up at Jeff's school......


.........and I got offered the job!!!

 It's a zero hour contract, periods of time dotted throughout the year for exam rehearsals, mocks, then the real thing. I just have to give my availability and then they match you to a morning or afternoon session, or both. It's not going to be mega bucks but it'll top up the money pot but it also doesn't tie me down. I will of course offer what I can and when I know when the exam periods are, I'll try and make myself as available as much as I can, but it's no weekends, no late nights, nothing during the school holidays, nothing at Christmas!!!!!! Hopefully it'll be enough to keep me afloat.


 Friday and I bused and trained it up to Cardiff - 4 hours!!


Sophie collected me from Newport train station and then we met up with Sam for food, before he had to go to work. I love the fact they both live in the same city and that I get to see them both when I visit x


Saturday was actually a nice day, well blue skies in the morning. 


So, Sophie took me over to Lisvane & Llanishen Reservoirs.


Home of the Waxcap Fungi!!
She likes it there as there are no dogs! Anyway, we had a nice wander around the reservoirs, then had a spot of brunch, watching the clouds roll in!


I then headed into Cardiff in the afternoon, to meet up with my old school friend Mel. We've known each other for 41 years!!! I'd mentioned a while back that I'd got tickets to see Deacon Blue in Cardiff...... well so had she!! We've not seen each other since Covid, so it was a fab opportunity to have a catch up!


Jeff came up by car, after work and I got to properly meet Mel's other half, having only met each other briefly twice before. Although I feel I know him, as I follow him on Instagram - he takes the best photographs xx


Had a lovely meal in Zizzi's.....


....before heading to the Arena, for the main event.


We weren't sat together but not a million miles apart!!


Jeff and I had fantastic seats, 6 rows from the front, end of aisle, but as ever, I still had some chunk of a guy in front of me. Still, had a fantastic view and a fantastic night!!


'All the Old 45's Tour' 

saw them back in the day, as a student at Leeds University, 1989? when visiting my sister. Then Jeff and I saw them in Portsmouth in 2018. We had tickets to see them on my actual 50th birthday in 2020, but it got cancelled due to Covid and then when they gave a new date, we couldn't go as it was moved to a weekday evening. Still, it was worth the wait, they are just fantastic live.


They didn't have a support act, instead they performed the first part acoustically.....


...then after a short interval, came on and did what they do best!!!


Ricky Ross


The fabulous Lorraine McIntosh (Ricky's wife)


Deacon Blue! 


They performed a great mix of old and new and went a good 20 minutes over the scheduled end time. So much energy and just a joy to watch.


Sophie very kindly collected us from the Arena and gave up her bed for the night! How the tables have turned!!! Had a relaxed morning at Sophie's, before setting off and heading home. Back in time for lunch, a line of washing out on the line to dry and Jeff got to spend a couple of much needed hours out in the garden, in the dry. Came home with a tin of the new 'Very Jelly Munch' from M&S. They're our Christmas treat tins, so I've hidden them away in the cupboard. Have decided to buy things as they come up on offer or with these tins, when I see them, as last year they were hard to get hold of. We don't have an M&S close by, Sophie has one a 10 min walk away, so it's great that I can get her to keep a look out for things x


So a busy week but a good one! 
Got to see the kids. 
Got to meet up with Mel and Ade. 
Got to see Deacon Blue and spend time with Jeff. 
Got a JOB!!!

It's the final week of September ahead! Doesn't seem 5 minutes ago it was the start of the month!! Have got a few things on this coming week but am really hoping the weather improves, and I can get out with my camera. Autumn will have come and gone at this rate!!

Have a good week xx

No comments: