Sunday 7 April 2024

Back to just the two of us!!


It's back to just the two of us, after a lovely Easter weekend.


Sam and I managed a whizz up the Tor before he headed home. When I say 'whizz' I mean 'whizz'!! 


I think he forgets I'm more than 30 years older than him and have little legs. 
We were up, down and around in an hour!! 


It was lovely having them both home.


And a good excuse to get my yellow Cornishware out for Easter.


Monday was the 1st of April .......


....and time for Sam to head back to Cardiff. He has work and essays to write. So Jeff drove him to Bridgwater station, where you can get a direct train back to Cardiff. It takes a little longer but no changes and gets him pretty close to home.


I spent the day organising the two new cupboards I had delivered with my Ikea order. I've moved the little table into Sophie's room, so she has a little desk when she's home, and have filled one of these cupboards with all the bedding. We had a bigger bathroom in our last house and my current 'Christmas Cupboard' in the kitchen, was used as a big laundry cupboard, which homed all the bedding and towels etc. I've not really had a specific place here to store everything, it's pretty much been shoved into any little spare space I've had in my wardrobe, so I've been itching to find a proper home for it all. I think this will work and as these are two separate cupboards, so I can re-jig things if I feel the need.


So on Tuesday, Sophie and I headed into Bristol, for yet another show! I book these show's a good year in advance, I have 4 already booked for 2025!! So you're never really aware of when they fall, against a show you've already booked. Two in one week is quite a treat!!! We went in earlier and did a little bit of shopping and Sophie treated me to a delicious Greek meal at the Hat Bistro. The show was fantastic, well worth seeing. I really enjoyed it. 


On Wednesday we headed south. Wasn't sure we'd see the 'nearly there trees' as we turned off at the next junction. A bit of a cheat and less of a slog, than going all the way down to Cornwall.


Our destination - Strawberry Fields Farm Shop at Lifton. 
It worked out to be a good meeting up spot with my folks. It meant Dad only had to drive an hour, us only two! I've met them there once before on my own and we've all been there, when Granny was still with us. Might be a good spot in the future, less driving for dad! Sophie headed back to Cardiff that evening and after a really lovely busy week, we were back to it being just the two of us again. I spent much of the next couple of days cleaning, stripping the beds, doing a food shop and doing a little holiday research!


Then yesterday (Saturday) I got my hair coloured. When I last went, she cut my hair really short and the  remaining colour was really stripey! So she squeezed me in for an extra, earlier appointment and we decided to go for a full head of colour again, rather than the foils. Incidentally, she first did a full head of colour for me exactly nine years ago!! I did wonder whether or not I'd have to wear a hat around Italy, Ha! but it's turned out okay. I like it! ........


..... the pink toner matches the cherry blossom!!

So today I'm cleaning the house, pre holiday! I want to steam mop the floors now it's just the two of us again and hopefully the rain will now lessen, although the forecast isn't great still! It looks quite changeable for Italy too, so will need to pack for all weathers! I've been doing a bit more research and I'm really looking forward to going. I have been to a few places before, a couple of years ago with my sister, but we only had 3 days and packed in a lot, although this trip we are also doing a lot I've not seen before - all the Cique Terre villages, La Spezia, Bologna, Siena (went for an afternoon 32yrs ago), San Gimignano, Lucca, if we have time. I won't be writing here next weekend, I'll do an Italy round-up on our return but you can follow our trip over on our travel Instagram page @hap_pea_travels if you want to see more of what we get up to. Right, I'm off to hoover. Have a good week!

Ciao!

No comments: