Saturday 16 January 2021

LD3/WK2 begins

I worked Sunday and Monday, had a days holiday booked for the Tuesday.
It rained ALL day!!


And then just like that, we enter week 2 of Lockdown 3!
The diary is empty!


My New Year hyacinths are filling the house with colour and scent.


And I buy a weekly bunch of tulips or daffs to add to the mix.


A burst of colour on a grey, miserable day, cheers things up no end.


I'm lucky, I have my lovely kitchen to hide out in when it's raining. Jeff is teaching from his study, Sophie is up in the box room, which links into our bedroom, so puts both rooms out of action really and Sam is up in his bedroom. I always feel guilty for some reason, sitting in the sitting room in daytime hours, so I spend all my time in the kitchen.


When possible, very much weather dependent at the moment, I am still trying to get outside and walk, even if it ends up being just once around the block.


I've been trying to plan a route before I go, on foot, from home, 
which is all well and good on paper but the reality these past few walks has been.....


.....MUD, MUD and more MUD!
Honestly, yesterday I nearly had a little cry, as I stood in a waterlogged field wandering whether to try and keep going or turn around and go back and once I did get to the end point, I was just faced with more mud and a gate that seemed too much of a challenge to get to. I did make it but I then rerouted myself on to roads to get home. Hard Work!!


At home I'm continually trying to improve on my bird photography.


I've signed up to the Big Garden Birdwatch, 
I might as well count the birds I try and capture!


Have been trying to improve my photography skills whilst out on my walks too....


....and am forever trying to capture the first signs of Spring.


Some good news for this one! 7pm on Tuesday evening (odd time) he received his first couple of Uni offers. One for Surrey (Brighton) and one for his first choice Cardiff. They're both Conditional on getting ABB which after his Oct resit, is what he's got, so he could accept the offer right now. Not sure if UCAS has updated his new grade, although they assure us it's on the system! I think he's interested to know whether Bristol would offer. They certainly wouldn't on BBC his summer grades but may on ABB if they can see his updated Physics grade. Anyway, one less thing to worry about, he has an offer for his top choice, although has already said if things haven't improved by September, he'll defer for another year! Could end up with them both in Cardiff if Sophie works for the ONS after her degree!


Came home to a lovely surprise from my Mum and Dad yesterday. A box of beautiful Cornish Blooms. Can not recommend more highly this family business, if you wish to send someone flowers. I filled 4 vases and they've always been of the best quality. They'll get me through another week of miserable winter weather.

 

No comments: