Saturday 28 January 2023

Nearly there.....


.......come Wednesday, it'll be February!
Will have survived another January, my least favourite month.


Sophie and I have booked a few days away in September, Amsterdam!
I last went 30yrs+ ago, so time for a revisit!


I've been trying not to spend in January, not be tempted by stuff in the sales 
but I did cave in and buy this table - £23 from £80!!! 


I've also bought theatre tickets.......


......for 2024!!!!
(so that doesn't count!!)


So I worked Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, had a lazy Wednesday, 
it was grey and foggy, then went to Wells on Thursday.


I went with Lynn, had a mooch.....


....saw my first snowdrops.....


.....had a a coffee and cake.....


...and then was supposed to see 'A Man Called Otto' at the cinema, transferred over from last week when I had to cancel but 'they' had to cancel this time. There had been a power surge and it was unsafe to use any of the equipment, so it was cancelled again!! We will try for next week, possibly an evening slot, if Lynn can make it! So it sort of felt like a waste of a walking day, as it had been nice in the morning.......still, these things happen.


So yesterday, I headed off out for a walk. The weather was grey!!! 
Nothing to write home about but it was dry and I was in need of some fresh air.


Spotted some snowdrops, always a pleasure x


Lots of bulbs poking through....


....and catkins....


....and green shoots!
Spring really is just around the corner and there are lots of signs if you look for them. The first of February is on Monday, two more weeks and it'll be half term. That week always flies by and then it's just one more week and it's March!! Not that I'm wishing time away but I always feel so much better once I get January and February out of the way!

No comments: