Saturday 4 February 2023

Pinch and a punch......

.....hello February.....


.......hallelujah!! 


January is done!! 
Things can only get better from now on in! 
I worked my Sunday, Monday and had a rare Tuesday off......


......so Lynn and I decided to walk as it was dry, just in case it turned wet by Thursday. We went over to East Harptree Woods, as she hadn't been there before. It was grey and damp and murky to begin with. In fact we went for a coffee first, hoping the weather would improve.


There is just something quite special about the woods, it's definitely my happy place.


I spotted my first Scarlet Elf Cups of the year.....


.....and a few other fungi spots during our walk.


We even spotted 3 deer running across the track ahead. 
You can just about make one out (center right) 


At home, I've been tackling Sophie's Christmas Puzzle gift. It's been a lovely puzzle to do. Not so hard that it's frustrating but challenging enough to make it fun and such a good subject matter!!


On Wednesday I went out over to Ham Wall.


The skies looked a little threatening and the wind whipped up and was cold.....


....but I had the best time, photographing robins!!


So many friendly, hungry robins along the path.







I was spoilt for choice, even got them eating out of my hand......


....and Great Tits too! Now that was a surprise x


A bit of multi tasking though! Trying to capture feeding.......


.......and in flight.


On Thursday I met friends for a coffee, 3 hours later....
.....the day just vanished, as did Friday. 
Friday was a boring day of house jobs. Doing a few thing I've been putting off! Hoovering, making up the kids beds, tidying, doing a food shop!!! And today, Saturday, has been much the same. It's grey, cold but dry and I should have made myself go out for a walk but......

.......I didn't! 
Back to work tomorrow!

No comments: