Saturday 25 February 2023

A little sea air.....

....does wonders!!


Worked my Sunday and Monday and then made the most of my last Tuesday off and headed down to Cornwall for a few days, to see my parents. First stop, my favourite place, St Ives.


And a pasty for lunch, with a sea view!


It's still half term for some, so it was quite busy but the beaches were empty.


Godrevy lighthouse in the distance.


Nothing more calming than watching the waves.



The tides were really low. 
In the summer Sam and Jeff would jump off the end of this wall into the sea below.


You don't often get to see these!


No sea in the harbour.


I had a lovely couple of hours to myself, just wandering around,
before heading over to my mum and dads.


The fields by mum and dads are a sea of yellow.....


....full of daffodils, either for picking or the bulbs.


Timed my stay to perfection - Shrove Tuesday and for the first time in about 30 years, I didn't cook a single pancake, instead this delicious plate full was cooked for me by my dad!


Yeast buns for breakfast, another Cornish favourite x


So on the Wednesday, after setting my mum up for the day, dad and I headed out.


We went over to Trelissick and set off on a 5km woodland walk, after a bacon butty!!!


The forecast wasn't great but we dodged the showers....


....and had a lovely walk.


Spotted snowdrops....


....primroses....
(these always remind me of my Granny Willoughby x)


....gorse in full flower....


....and daffodils.
The daffodils are a good two weeks further on down in Cornwall. 
The camellias were in full flower, as were a few magnolia trees.


A friendly squirrel.


We finished our afternoon off right, going halves on a cream tea!


Poor mum has mobility issues now, long term knee, back, hip pain has taken it's toll. 
She does now have a mobility scooter but not everywhere is suitable but hopefully with the weather on the up, she can get out and about too x


I headed home Thursday morning. I'd hoped to get out for a final walk out at Godrevy, walk up to the seals and get some final sea air in my lungs but it rained. So I headed home, stopping off at IKEA on the way. It is in such a good, convenient spot!!


Meatballs for lunch!!


Friday and I spent my morning catching up on jobs around the house. I had planned to go for a walk but it was grey and cold, so I went to the cinema instead!! It was a great film, really enjoyed it and during the winter months, I really like to go to the cinema. It's only £6.50 for an afternoon matinee, with free coffee and biscuits. Have spotted a few more films I'd like to see from the trailers. Once the better weather arrives, I'm much less likely to go unless it's something I reallllly want to see and it's good to support our small, local cinema!!


So today, Saturday, I did a food shop first thing and just had to stop and pull over,
 to take a photo of these beautiful crocuses on my way home, a sea of purple.


I treated myself to these daffodils.....


....10 bunches for £5!
And with my £1 off voucher.....


....£4 for all of these!!!
Pots of gold and sunshine xx

February is nearly over YAY! and once we head into March, everything seems more positive, lighter, brighter, warmer, sun filled days ahead. I'm working Sunday, Monday (my last 8hr Monday!!) and Tuesday. From Sunday the 5th of March, the new financial year begins and with it a change in hours for me! Presently, I go in extra every third Tuesday to rip up tickets for the end of plinth offers. This is changing to every week, which is a much bigger commitment. So I have shaved 4 hours off from my Monday shift and am doing 4 hours every Tuesday as well. I'd like the Tuesday to be un-contracted, so I have a little more flexibility but nothing has been confirmed yet. Doing less on the Monday will help my back and hip pain, so whatever happens it's for the best. Anyway, have a good week, I've a very early start and a 9 hour shift looming tomorrow, so am going to enjoy a quiet afternoon at home, pottering, drinking coffee and not much else xx

No comments: