Sunday 19 March 2023

Mother's day


Gosh it feels like ages ago now but my week started with Sam coming home, a flying visit and lovely it was to see him too. He headed back to Cardiff on the Monday morning, I dropped him over to Wells to catch the bus before I headed into work.


After 5 months of x-rays, physio, exercises and no real improvement, I decided to pay to see a chiropractor on Tuesday morning......


 For the first time I feel we may now have found the source of my pain and can do something about it!! (Fingers crossed) I had a follow up on Friday and have another appointment booked in for tomorrow (Monday). I fell back in September which may have aggravated things. Work most certainly doesn't help being on my feet, on hard cold floors, running around for 8 hours and the menopause no doubt, has a part to play!! But he gave me a thorough examination, deep massage, manipulation and dry needling. I've been icing the spot every hour, marching on the spot and doing a set of exercises, sitting upright......Will have wait and see but I feel hopeful! He did want me to sign myself off work but I knew how short staffed we were, so I've managed my time today, putting myself in the kiosk every other hour, icing and attempting to do my exercises!! I can still feel it but it's not as painful as it normally would be.


He did say to continue with general activities but asked me not to go to physio, not to do yoga and consider signing myself off work! I did have a quiet day on Wednesday, just meeting a friend for coffee, then I walked with Lynn on Thursday, out at Ham Wall and it was lovely. Met THE friendliest Robin along the way. 


I always take a bag of bird food with me, not that they need that much encouragement.


So I had my follow up Chiropractor appointment on Friday and then met up with my sister on Saturday. She came over to me and we popped over to Middlewick for coffee, then a gentle walk up to the Tor. Lovely to have a catch up.


A sunlit Glastonbury Tor.


So today is Mother's Day. 
I spoke to my mum yesterday and sent her flowers. Jeff's mum is always in our thoughts, but always today, taken far too soon and much missed. 


My two gave me flowers last weekend, courtesy of Sam being home and hand delivered cards.


I worked. Got given a bar of chocolate as a thank you. My usual Sunday colleague has young children, so I think it fair that she has the day off instead of me, although I was envious of the sunshine today.


So another new week ahead. I have the Chiropractor in the morning, then work but for just the four hours as I'm in again on Tuesday. The weather forecast for the week ahead is wet, surprise, surprise! I'm going to Bristol on Wednesday, out walking with Lynn, weather permitting on Thursday, so a few things to look forward to but I'm making my back my priority. It's been painful for too long and I need play my part now in it's recovery.

No comments: