Sunday 8 October 2023

A fabulous week of adventuring and weather!!


A busy, busy, busy week.
First up, Cornwall for a few days. 
A wet, miserable drive down, stopping off at IKEA on the way and stocking up on my favourite Cornish supplies 'Yeast Buns' in the services. Meal out with Mum and Dad at the Forge and a good old catch-up.


Tuesday morning was a lot more promising. 
So I headed out to Godrevy first thing......


...can't come to Cornwall and not see the sea!!


En route back to Mum and Dad's and popped into Tehidy Country Park.....


....and came across an over familiar squirrel.
I have never had a squirrel climb up me before!!!


Right place, right time for a bit of swan wing action!!!


Got treated to lunch out at the Royal Oak, then went on over to Trelissick Gardens for a wander and afternoon coffee, as it's scooter friendly for Mum.


Wednesday and it was time to head back home via 
The Lost Gardens of Heligan.
I have wanted to go for ages and will definitely be going back.


Walked the Woodland Walk and saw the Giant's Head and the Mud Maid (above) and the Grey Lady.


Gorgeous Robin, singing it's heart out!


Walked across the Burma Rope Bridge.......


....and explored the Jungle!


Got to see the Dahlia Display, still in gorgeous bloom....


....and the start of the Harvest Display.
I LOVED it there and will definitely be going back, as there is still a lot left to explore.


Thursday, and it was walk with Lynn day!!
Up to the trig point over at Compton Dundon.


A beautifully clear day, with fantastic views.


Then on Friday, a return to the Newt!
I really missed going here. I first joined back in November 2020, as my birthday treat during Covid. Due to various isolation periods, my membership period was lengthened, with my last going in March 2022. I paid £17 when I first joined and to continue my membership, it was £48, which seemed a bit steep, so I didn't bother! It is now £85 or £75 if you pay with a direct debit for an individual or a joint membership via DD is £120!! £60 each still seems a lot, however, you can get into other gardens for free, which include the Lost Gardens Of Heligan and the Eden Project and Kew Gardens.......so we are going to make sure we get our money's worth and visit all of these places, alongside a monthly visit for me, over to the Newt!


The Cyder Bar area


The Viper walkway through the trees


The Deer park


The Guord archway


Apple Entrance

They've added lots of new bits, so I will be back to explore soon.


Saturday was a trip over to Westonbirt Arboretum and a meet up with Claire, my old Uni friend. It was sort of middling for us, a great place to just walk and talk and catch-up!


The trees aren't quite at their most spectacular but there was the odd Acer to marvel at.


And today (Sunday) it has been glorious, warm sunshine! 
So we spent a bit of it out in the garden!! 
Ivy removal, sooooo satisfying when it comes down in one piece!! 


The sunflowers are still doing their thing!!
3+ months of flowers!


So a lovely, albeit busy week. 


Have decorated a tiny bit for autumn. 


We're away soon, so need to enjoy it, before it all comes down again!!

I've another busy week ahead and then Jeff breaks up for half term on Friday!
Seriously, a third of the way through October already! (very nearly!!)
Think the gorgeous weather is with us for another couple of days, so will definitely try and get out and make the most of it.
Have a great week x


No comments: