Sunday 15 October 2023

Fungi Season!!

Started the week off with a 3 hour coffee and a catch-up with a former work colleague. 
Reminded me of how much I miss the people and most definitely not the job!!


Tuesday and a misty, murky start over in Stockhill Woods.
But perfect conditions for the fabulous Fly Agaric!!


A beauty!!


Honestly, it was the best morning....


....until I fell over and gave myself a black eye!!


Before you ask Mum, I'm fine!! x


Fabulous ferns and....


....jeweled spiders webs.


Glad I got out because it just rained Wednesday afternoon, all day Thursday and Friday!
Wednesday morning was spent training for my new role invigilating, starting in November,
and then a couple of hours on Thursday doing on-line training and assessment.


Friday was haircut day, have gone super short! 
Then another coffee and catch-up with my lovely friend Sam.
Jeff broke up for Half Term, so we're on  a countdown to Barcelona forth with!


Saturday was the first chilly feels of the Autumn. Back to some sunshine but the temperature has certainly dropped. I spent the day doing very little. Jeff spent most of it out in the garden, pulling up the sunflowers out in the front, in readiness to planting out all the Spring bulbs today (Sunday)


One pumpkin harvested!


One happy pumpkin grower!!


I've spent this afternoon just reminding myself of what accommodation we've booked for Barcelona/Blanes/Girona and looking ahead to booking somewhere for Cordoba in December.


We booked Barcelona in the hope of sunshine, blue skies, warm temperatures but the forecast is changing daily, with rain in the mix. I hate rain. It can be cloudy, it can be blue skies and a slight chill but I don't want rain. We have a few days there and only have two things booked and set in stone, so can be resonably flexible about what we do, it's just what to wear!! We've only got cabin cases so really must give it some thought!

Anyway, we've a few days together to do stuff before we go. Hoping to venture to Stourhead, whilst we still have National Trust membership. I'm not going to continue once the year is up, as I've really not had my moneys worth from it this year. It's not helped by the fact we tend to go away during the holidays and it doesn't leave much time to venture out at home, plus we didn't really have a summer to speak of, so no trips down to the beach at Burton Bradstock. I have the Newt membership now for this year, to make the most of and the various partner places to visit.

No comments: