Sunday 17 March 2024

Spring is in the air!


I started the week off with 'Magnificent Magnolia Monday' ...
no need to go into detail, the photo says it all!

Anything to cheer myself up after the Chiropractor and the Dentist!


Tuesday and (more) rain stopped play, for Lynn and I and our walk!
Apparently this has been the wettest winter since records began!
And if I'm honest, I'm getting a little sick of it!
I took my neighbour to the cinema in the afternoon. She's going through a tough patch, so this film certainly gave her a couple of hours of light relief! So funny.


And then Tuesday it was back to work in the gallery. This has been our final full week. This week coming, we're only open Wednesday and Thursday. Everything comes down on Friday and I'll be in on Saturday for any artists collecting their work. 


I'll miss it!
I've really enjoyed the past four weeks.


Another piece I like x
Bits of plastic found on southwest beaches.


Friday Jeff and I had a rare night out! 
It's not often we go out in term time and on a work night! 


We went to Bristol, to see Jesus Christ Superstar......


.....with Julian Clary as Herod. 
I saw it in Oxford 25yrs ago, a staff outing! My memory's not great at the best of times, but it seemed very different to how I remembered it, this was much more contemporary. And I'd forgotten it was all sung, like Les Mis! Excellent show, glad we made the effort but not one I'd probably see again. 


I worked Saturday and came home to this beautiful bunch of tulips, from my mum & dad x 
Cornish Blooms is a fab family run business, always my 'go to' if sending flowers, so really lovely to receive them too x


And then today, I went over to Wells and met up with my sister for a catch up, breakfast, a bit of wander, more coffee, more chat.... She's had Ofsted this past week, and survived, remaining a 'Good' school, so my treat x


And so here we are again, Sunday evening, but work for me tomorrow. I've picked up a couple of exam invigilation sessions tomorrow and then have a training session, in preparation for the upcoming exam season. It's nice to do a variety of things, even nicer getting the whole of the Easter break off! I'm hoping we get some warm, sunshine. There's not been one day, when I've thought I'll sit outside and enjoy a coffee. There was a hint of warmth this afternoon but by the time I got home it was cloudy again. I'm hoping Italy will be dry and t-shirt weather in the daytime and then once we're back home, things will start to warm up here.

No comments: