Sunday 24 March 2024

Sustainable Art Exhibition....


Sustainable Art Exhibition.... 

....over and out!

So my run in the gallery has drawn to a close. I have really enjoyed these past five weeks, working in such a creative space, meeting some wonderful people, and being welcomed into such a busy, friendly department. It's been nice to wear smarter clothes too, rather than a uniform! Sometimes it's the small things that can make a real difference to how you feel!


But what a difference a day makes!!! 
Worked my last day on Thursday, everything came down on Friday (day off for me!) and this is what I returned to on Saturday! I was in for a few hours to liaise with the artists collecting their work. This space is being used for a fashion show on Monday evening, a clothes swap shop on Tuesday, then I'll be back in here from mid-April for exam invigilation.



I have walked past this Forsythia bush on my way to work for the last 5 weeks and have enjoyed the expanse of yellow increasing, as the weeks have gone on. 


The blue sky was an added bonus too.


It has been lovely to see a little sunshine, although the wind is bitterly cold at the moment, 
to make good use of it. This however was at 6pm, a small win!


I did manage a walk around Compton Dundon village with my friend on Tuesday! 80% on road and the rest on very soggy, muddy ground!! It stayed dry and was warm enough to take our coats off mid walk, for the first time this year!


Spring is trying to 'spring'!!


I've been trying to have a spring clean and a de-clutter! 
Spent my day off on Friday, having a proper sort out! I bought some nice baskets from Lidl and a clothes rail from Argos and I'm on a mission to better use the space I have! The under eaves cupboards are great, but I tend to chuck stuff in, close the doors and walk away!! And now I can wear nice clothes to work again, rather than a uniform, I could do with a little extra hanging space. 


I still need to have a proper sort through my main wardrobe but I ran out of steam!! 


But so far, so good!


We were up early, as easyJet released their winter flights. So we're off to Madeira for 5 days in December, once Jeff breaks up. Martin Lewis gave everyone a heads-up and warned the price altered due to demand, so worth buying early! If we'd have waited until we got home from work, they'd have been £70 more expensive. So worth remembering!


Anyway I must get on and cook tea! I have the next 4 weeks off, so I want to get a lot of jobs done around the house. I had an Ikea delivery today. I'm reorganising my little corner of the kitchen. Was hoping to share it today but have hit a few annoying snags that need resolving!! Will have to try and be patient and wait for Jeff to break up! I really wanted to sort it all before the kids came home for Easter. Not sure that's going to happen unless I try and tackle it myself tomorrow!! For now everything that I had managed to hide away in the desk drawers is out on a table in the middle of the kitchen. Not a great look!! 

No comments: