But I do love wrapping presents - you spend time choosing that perfect gift, the perfect gift that demands equal attention and care in its presentation.
So here are my five top tips for wrapping presents:
- Space - clear the table, gather your tools: paper, scissors and tape.
- Paper - choose a good selection of papers, but always, always include a red and white spotty paper. Christmas is red and white.
- Boxes - gather together a collection of boxes for those odd shaped presents. So much easier to wrap this way.
- Trimmings - make sure you have some beautiful ribbon and great gift tags to add that finishing touch.
- Festive music - it doesn't matter if Noddy Holder & Slade are your 'thing' or the more relaxed charms of 'Carols from Kings', turn the music up and enjoy yourself!