Monday 29 October 2012

One happy customer!


My gorgeous girl turns 13 in 6 days and wanted a bedroom to match. We haven't had to do too much (she lies!) but just bring it up to date for a teenager. 


A trip to Ikea was a must as her room is up in the attic and flat pack was essential to get everything up on to the 3rd floor. We ended up buying these BILLY shelves, which at £35.00 each, make a fab feature wall for her desk area. This is becoming the favourite corner to chill!


It's perfect for all those stationery must haves....


How many pens and pencils? Takes after her mother for sure.


A further BILLY bookcase is placed side on, to her bed and houses all her most precious and well loved books. Being a library assistant at school, all her books are in alphabetical order!! Bless.


She has a cosy corner for her bed and at the end of it.....


....is her sewing table and a new table for all the cutting out



We then move around to her beauty and music area.


And at last a home for the bunting she made.


The main thing Sophie wanted was a new wardrobe. We went for a PAX set up, as you can pick and choose every aspect from the frame size to the doors......


 ......to the rails and internal drawers and shelves. 
We stuck on some of their wall stickers to just finish it all off.


So there you have it - one very happy girl enjoying her new space. All ready and waiting for the birthday sleep over on Friday! (HELP!)


I now keep peeking into Sam's room and thinking how we can best make use of his space - maybe that'll have to wait for his birthday next year. I have to leave a little gap between Ikea building projects or Jeff would leave home!!

15 comments:

jill said...

All looks lovely so girly xx

Rio said...

What a beautiful room! I would be content with a room like that and I'm 25! :)

Christina said...

Oh my goodness - what a great room! Please can I move in?! ;0)

Anonymous said...

Just perfect... actually a little jealous here, her work space is lovely!

SallyB said...

This looks lovely...I think I could be very happy in this bedroom...She may never want to come out though...xxxx

Judith said...

She has got her mothers creative talent, I think! Her own sewing machine, fantastic!
Her room looks great! I guess she likes dots as well (-;

All things nice... said...

Wow what a lovely bedroom- I would have loved that when I was younger! Love the desk area and the craft area too :)

All things nice...

The British Homemaker said...

aww this looks totally yummy!! so many fun things to enjoy, i bet you wont see much of her for a while now! lol

KC'sCourt! said...

What a wonderful room
Julie xxxxxx

Unknown said...

Jealous!! What a fab room! Currently rethinking my daughters room! Loving the idea of the bookshelves. One very lucky girl!

Claire said...

Fantastic room! I would have loved a room like that as a young teen :D x x x

Crafted by Carly said...

What a fantastic room for a teenage girl! I love the way you've separated off the two areas with the shelves. Very clever!
Carly
x

katysclutter said...

What a lovely cosy yet colourful space!

Andrea said...

What a beautiful room and brilliantly designed too! Bet you had a lot of fun doing that. Enjoy x
Andrea x

Chez Giulia said...

Wow... can I go there? lovely dreams room!
Giulia