Thursday 28 April 2016

Love this


I was chatting earlier this week to a friend, who was upset to be missing her daughter's wedding as it is in Australia and only a really small do. She's organising a Reception for when her daughter next visits the UK and has asked me to help with the invites etc. I asked her, if money were no object would she go, she said yes! I asked her if she had the money to go and she said yes! So I said, go! Be there on that special day, for her, for her daughter, for the moment.

As I get older, I realise that life is far too precious and we have no idea what is ahead. We should jump at the chance to 'collect a moment' especially when that moment means so much more to us than money or a 'thing'!

 Jeff's mum died so unfairly and far too soon and that was 8 years ago now, I really do see life in a completely different way. I am quite content in my little world now to not want 'things' but feel more and more the need to collect moments, that are precious and happy and meaningful and fun.

***collect moments***

3 comments:

Miffy257 said...

Very good advice. I'm sure your friend would have always regretted not being there for her daughter.

dots and spots said...

I agree Mair Dyer x

Anonymous said...

Definitely, shouldn't miss it x Laura