Tuesday 1 May 2018

Farewell April, hello May!

Where did April go?


April has whizzed by, doesn't seem 5 minutes ago that it was Easter and the kids were going back to school. In 2 weeks time exams start for them both! Sam just wants to get them over and done with now and to be honest, I think we all do! Sophie ends a week later than Sam but then hopefully they can both enjoy the Summer. Sam has no plans!! Sophie wants to get a job and pretty much work the whole of August to put some money back for Uni.


I set myself a little challenge in April - to walk every day - challenge complete!! I'm flirting with the idea of starting up my running again.Will need to see if my hip agrees but will quite probably give it a go. I'm inching closer to target, just 4.5lbs to go, so I definitely want to get to target by the end of May, bottom of target before our holiday in July.


I'm hoping May is going to be a warm, sun filled month. I'm currently sat typing with a hot water bottle on my knee! It is for once sunny but still a chill in the air. I currently have the plumber here, after a week of intermittent hot water, followed by a week of no hot water, it's time for a new boiler and today is the day we could marry everything together - him a free day and me a day off. Fingers, toes, everything crossed, we will have hot water by the end of today - kettles, jugs and a trug just aren't the same as a lovely hot shower, particularly when you have 2 teenagers in the house too!

Wishing you all a warm, sun filled month ahead x

No comments: