Sunday 7 April 2019

Golden Celebrations


So yesterday was a special day, well Saturday 5th of April 1969 to be precise, the day my parents got married - and together we celebrated, as a family, their 50 years of marriage.


I offered to host the lunch, went along the lines of a golden, yellow theme!
I love a theme!


By chance I remembered I'd stumbled across a few of their wedding photos a month or so ago - the perfect addition and place settings for the special couple.


I made it simple but delicious and always plentiful.


My Cornishware came into its own.....


.....looked a treat with all the yellow


And there was cake, of course there was cake - wouldn't be a celebration without cake.


Cut by the 'bride and groom' !!!


A four tier, raspberry and salted caramel cake.


The older I get, the more I realise what an achievement these milestones are -50 years of marriage these days is quite an accomplishment. I can't quite believe that Jeff and I will be celebrating 23 years married this August - doesn't seem possible.


So a pic of the happy couple, 50 years down the line x


With Granny, my Dad's Mum - 96 in July, another milestone worth celebrating!


Me and my Sis - her 50th this year, mine next - eekk!!


And the Grandchildren - Sophie 19, Sam 16 and Ella 10 - the youngest but edging ever closer to Sophie in the height stakes


And finally US! 
Jeff obviously was there but took the photo x
And Mike, Jo's hubby was playing Hockey.


So I guess their 55 year anniversary is next - Emerald!
Something to look forward to x


No comments: