Saturday 19 March 2022

Spring Sunshine


What a difference a little sunshine makes to lift your mood!
It' s a beautiful blue sky day here but a chill wind. Yesterday however was glorious and I had my first lunch of the year outside in the garden and actually sat at for an hour and read a book!


These plates have just arrived - perfect addition. They were bought as a fundraiser for Ukraine. Sadly the war continues and Putin seems as determined as ever to cause mass destruction. So many dead, so many staying put and in fear and so many have fled, now refugees. Such a sad, unnecessary mess. 


So I worked Sunday and Monday but on Monday morning went off in search of paint!!
£78 for 2.5lts!!!
So you will find this blue everywhere, until the tin is empty!!


Had a welcome rest bite from painting on Wednesday because Sophie decided to come home for the day. All her friends are busy writing dissertations but she decided not to do one and do an extra module instead. So whilst they're all stressed and busy, she has free time on her hands. It does come back to bite her during exam time, she has the most exams and goes on the longest but for now.....she came home for 5hrs!! We went to ASK for lunch, had a few hours together at home and then I took her back to the train station - lovely xx


On Thursday my IKEA delivery arrived and I built my first flat pack!!


I needed a little help to maneuver it into position but I did it!!



The downstairs loo is nearly complete, just the boiler pipes to hide away, when Jeff gets a bit of time but after 6 long years, it's done and looking good!


I've been spending my free time away from painting researching holiday's for next year, July '23!! The kids decided they want to go away all together on a family holiday, as our last planned break together was cancelled in 2020. Last year Jeff and I managed to get away and we booked this years break as soon as we got back, thinking they wouldn't want to holiday with us. But probably due to lack of funds and the fact they can never seem to organise anything with friends, they've asked to go away as a family. There are worse things I could be doing with my free time!!


So I'm currently procrastinating from starting my next bit of painting! I need to sand down the door frames, undercoat/prime one set of doors, then I'm ready to get painting the utility. I'm breaking it all down into smaller projects, that way it's all a little more bearable!!

Thought I'd leave you with our neighbour's magnificent Magnolia tree.
Stunning! Shame it only lasts for such a short time.

Plenty of sunshine forecast for the week ahead. Annoyingly I'm in work 4 days straight for Plinth change, but will be making the most of the sunshine when I'm not in. 
Not much painting will get done this week!

No comments: