Saturday 5 March 2022

Pinch and a punch....hello March!


March!! how is it March already!?!


February was quite a speedy month. 
I guess I missed half of it having to stay at home and isolate!!


The tiler has left the building!!
What a difference!


I missed him on the Wednesday, as I was in work early but he left me this lovely little note. I enjoyed his company whilst at home. He was nearly in his 80's, so I sort of felt I had to look after him!


He's done a brilliant job, we're super pleased. It's all down to me now to get on with the painting! When did paint get sooooo expensive??? I was looking at some of the online brands that constantly pop up in my feed, £78 for 2.5lts!!!!!! Crikey, need to find an affordable paint!


Wednesday was yoga day! I missed last week due to isolating and so it was good to be back. I never want to go, more due to the time of evening it's on but once I'm there and stretch, it feels good!


The school grounds, as they always do this time of year, look stunning.
Crocuses and daffodils as far as the eye can see.


I came home yesterday (Friday) to this beautiful delivery of Cornish Blooms from my Mum and Dad.
A lovely, most welcome surprise and they smell lovely x


Yesterday was sunny, so I took myself off over to the Newt, my last visit. I do like going but my membership runs out on Saturday and it's gone from £17 to £48. If I went once a month, it would work out at £4 a visit but I do wonder how often I'd go! It was great to go with Sophie last year, when she was living at home, as it's no dogs (she's petrified of dogs) but I only went 3 times on my own, 14 visits in total for the whole year! I won't renew it immediately and see how I feel. Did have a treat ice-cream and coffee in the sunshine today and brought home a cinnamon bun for my lunch, made sure I used the posh loo's and walked the whole estate, it was a beautiful blue sky day. 


The walled gardens


Last of the snowdrops


First of the Hellebores


And first frogspawn spotted for the year


What a difference blue skies and sunshine make!

It's was a beautiful day but I can't finish here and not mention the devastating, ongoing situation in Ukraine. Russia or rather Putin, is still hell bent on war and destruction and it really is quite worrying as to how far he'd be prepared to go. This time 2 years ago we watched the unfolding Covid arrival in China, thinking it wouldn't affect us, it was so far away. A month or two later, we were locking down our country. I think Putin's irrational, invincible attitude is most worrying. The fact they shelled the Nuclear plant, knowingly, makes me worry exactly how far he will go. Only time will tell and we as bystanders can only do what we can, in terms of financial support for the people of Ukraine. The news is difficult to watch, the lives of the Ukrainian people shattered, those fleeing, those having to be left behind to fight. Even those Russians who don't want war, who don't want to fight their neighbours, it's needlessly heartbreaking. I don't understand in this day and age how this can be happening.


No comments: