Monday 19 June 2023

How did I have time to work??

What a great way to kick start my new unemployment!! 
In fact, I wonder how I thought I'd have time to work!!


To be fair, Monday and in part, Tuesday, were a right off, recovering from my hangover!!
But thankfully I felt fine by Wednesday, meeting Sophie in Bristol.


We had lunch, did a little shopping, sat out in the sunshine enjoying a Swoon!!


Enjoyed a Greek meal at the Hat Bistro.....


...before the main event, The Lion King!
And it didn't disappoint, once again FABULOUS!!


Thursday morning and it was back to walking with Lynn! 


And a new walk for us today over at Swell Woods..... 


....and the Heronry, with nesting Heron's way up in the trees.


Friday morning was hair colour time!! 
A week earlier than usual, to avoid the Glastonbury traffic. Then in the afternoon a trip down to Cornwall. This is as a result of finishing work, I wouldn't have had enough time off to go if I'd still been working! Stopped off in Portreath when I arrived, where my Granny used to live! Typically, the weather has changed, gone are the glorious blue skies and sunshine, grey, damp and muggy!!!!


Still got to enjoy a quick whizz up Lighthouse Hill to see the sea x


Next up, chance to stretch my legs and a wander out at Godrevy. 


The Cornish coastline is looking stunning, even with grey skies, so many beautiful flowers out.


So on Saturday Dad and I parked up at Lelant Church and walked the coastal path, 
along the rail line to Carbis Bay......




First glimpses of St Ives!


Then carried on walking from Carbis Bay to St Ives. 


Stopped off to share a cream tea.....


.....then caught the train back to.......well we hoped to Lelant, 
where we'd parked the car, but no!!!! 
It carried on the St Earth..... 
.....so an additional 1.5 mile walk from St Earth back to Lelant and the car!!!!


Went out for a lovely meal with Mum and Dad in the evening.


Sunday Father's Day!


A rare treat for my dad, having both his girls with him on Father's Day xx


Timed my trip perfectly with the Scottish side of the family down visiting. 
First time in possibly 30 years that all 8 of us cousins were together in the same room! 
**had to add Paul on (right), as he'd left before the main photo got taken.


Mum and her sisters x


Fabulous family gathering xx
Obviously missing a few!!


The only way to get a photo of us all!!!

So a fabulous week doing special things!
Had a slog of a trip back today, roadworks, lots of traffic.... popped a load of washing in, tidied up a bit when I got home but off again tomorrow, up to Cardiff again for a few days!! It's all go! Poor Jeff, haven't seen him all week and won't for the most of next week too. Good job we have the summer together x

No comments: