Sunday 15 September 2024

Back to the Gallery


It's been a busy week, back to work, the Private View, coffee with friends, a theatre visit!!


The start of the week was unseasonably cold and the real autumnal feels kicked in.


I think I mentioned it last week, the summer duvet has gone away. 
Thankfully it's been dry and we've had sunshine, albeit it on the chilly side.


I'm back in the Gallery, and it is nice and bright and cheery in there.
I feel really lucky to be working in such fabulous surroundings.


The current exhibition is Women in Abstraction.


And on Friday evening, after a full day in the gallery, I went back in in the evening, for some talks by the exhibiting artists and the Private View. It was a lovely evening, didn't feel like work at all. The exhibition has been very well received and the evening well attended.


I went in a little earlier on the Saturday, just to hoover and do a few bits of clearing up before the gallery opened it's doors to visitors. Before I got the job, I had already bought theatre tickets for a show in the afternoon. So I was able to leave at 1pm and someone covered the afternoon for me. 


So I headed straight over to Bristol, parked up and met Sophie on Cathedral Green.


The show was SIX. 
It tells the stories of Henry the VIII's wives

"The Six musical tells the story of the six wives of Henry VIII like you've never heard before. At the start of the musical, the six women argue with one another as they try to make out they had it worse. But as they listen to their stories, they open their hearts to each other and realise it's better to stick together."

It was only an hour and 20 minutes long, no interval but so much energy and production in that time. 


A fantastic show.
They encourage you to video the last bit of the show and share it on social media, which is probably part of it's success in having 'sold out' shows throughout the tour. We're back at the Hippodrome next week, with Jeff in tow, to see Grease. I really should get a job there!!


So today, Sunday, and a day off, although the alarm was set early for a Sainsbury's delivery!! I occasionally get these vouchers, £12 off a £60 shop, so it's so worth doing and I go for the delivery 'saver slot' as it's cheaper, a four hour delivery window, which today was 8-12. Of course it arrived at 8am!!! I guess, it means I make the most of the day! We woke up to blue skies and sunshine, so the washing basket is empty and now out on the line and it's a day of catching up with jobs around the house. Sam was supposed to be coming back from London but it now staying on for a few more days (young love) so I think we may see him the end of the week, to collect the car and head back to Cardiff for the start of Uni. 


So it's been a busy week and more of the same next week. I've signed up for a bit of exam invigilation too, just to top up the money pot. It's an EXEAT weekend and the school closes, so I get next Saturday off and Jeff gets the Monday off too. Let's hope it stays dry, so we can get out and do something. 

No comments: