Sunday 1 September 2024

Pinch and a punch.....


.....hello September!


And what better way to start the new month off, than with a 5am alarm and a car boot over in Cheddar with Sam!! It's a whole new ball game, car booting!! Jeff and Sam did one last week and then Sam and I did another one this morning. Topping up his uni fund!! It's the people in the boot before you have chance to even get anything out!! To be fair to Sam, I left that first bit up to him and on the whole, I'd say he quite enjoyed it!


Across the two weekends he's made about £500, so that should keep him going for a bit! And we have a lot less stuff in the house!! A quick charity shop run in the morning with what's left and a few bits will go back to Cardiff for Sam to try and sell online, job done!!


I started the week with Sam....


....out for a walk along the Poldens, making the most of the sunshine.
He then headed back to Cardiff for a few days, before returning on Friday, home for a friends birthday and the car boot. I'm dropping him off at the train station tomorrow afternoon, as he's off to London for the next couple of weeks, before he heads back to Cardiff for Uni.


Most of my week has been occupied by getting stuff together for the car boot, but in between I've dropped some flyers off for the Gallery exhibition over in Glastonbury and Street. I've had the dentist, got my hair cut....all those end of holiday jobs!


Jeff's had INSET and meetings, so although term doesn't officially start until Monday, 
he's basically been back in this week.


It has felt autumnal, the seasons shifting! The sun will no longer set after 8pm. The nights will start drawing in, misty mornings, that lovely 'bonus' warm late summer sunshine (when it happens)


On Saturday I headed over to Bristol to meet up with Sophie, to see the musical Come From Away. I went knowing very little, and came out having seen the best bit of musical theatre I've seen in a long time. It's based around the true events of 9/11, when the planes got divereted away from New York 

"shares the incredible real-life story of the 7,000 air passengers from all over the world who were grounded in Canada during the wake of 9/11, and the small Newfoundland community that invited these ‘come from aways’ into their lives with open hearts.


We both thoroughly enjoyed it, and it was lovely to spend the afternoon together.
A much deserved standing ovation too.

We have a couple of shows booked for September, SIX and Grease. I have an ATG membership, which gives me early access to tickets and usually they have a few at a cheaper price. We paid £13 for our tickets on Saturday and I think I've paid the same for Grease. Some tickets are more, it depends on the show, but I don't mind supporting the arts and it means I get to see and spend time with Sophie too.


So a busy week. Well, a busy August to be fair and now we head into a new month. I love a September start! It's a better reset for me than New Year! The summer has been lovely and it's been great having the whole of the summer off together, but I also like routines! Jeff starts back at school, Sophie working, Sam in his last year at Uni and me....about to host the new exhibition in the Gallery. We still have a bit of coming and going. Sam doesn't actually start his final year until the start of October but he'll head back to Cardiff soon.......and it'll be Christmas before you know it!! Sorry for mentioning the 'C' word!! But, the way time is whizzing by, it'll be here before we know it.

No comments: