34/52
Wednesday Weekly
The end of the summer holidays is upon us, too quickly for my liking!! I could happily do it all again. This summer has been wonderful. We are a bit bad once we're home. We tend not to do that much out and about but on Monday we did make an effort.
We headed over to Rockaway Park, an old junk yard, now creative hub and alternative community space over in Temple Cloud, about 10 miles south of Bristol.
It's a fabulous space, with workshops, a garden and vegan cafe.
We spent a good couple of hours there having a mooch around.
On Tuesday, I had a long overdue date with my walking friend. Life has been busy with both of us and it's been a while since we last managed to get out for a walk together. We headed over to Ham Wall for a couple of hours walking and talking!!
Tuesday was also the day Dolly Parton died. Such a wonderful human being,
who will be missed for all her kindness and generosity.
We also saw the death of the Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama,
a huge inspiration to me but a very conflicted soul.
Jeff and I had to go into school on Wednesday to do the safeguarding training. It gets you a little more school focused and the start of term firmly back on the horizon. He's been busy doing jobs out in the garden, just to get on top of things before the madness of school begins.
Sam came home for the night on Friday for a party, so we saw him briefly before heading up to Cardiff on Saturday to see Sophie. We had lunch at her flat, then popped into town for a tiny mooch around the shops, then food out. She headed home on the train, whilst we headed to The New Theatre Cardiff to see.....
Johns' Boys Welsh Male Voice Choir.
Ever since their Britain's Got Talent audition in 2023, I've wanted to see them sing live. They did not disappoint and when they sang (with audience participation) the Welsh National Anthem at the end....goosebumps on goosebumps!! If they are your cup of tea, they are touring next year.
We headed home after the show, as Sophie had plans. Then today (Sunday) we've been over to see Jeff's dad. His birthday falls on the first weekend of September, right when it's back to school busy time, so we popped in to wish him an early happy birthday.
I've done a bit of a book tally this week, just to see how much progress I've made this year.
15 books read!
With the holidays coming to an end, my reading will slow down to mainly at bedtimes, the odd afternoon (maybe) My aim has just been to read and get my enjoyment back! I lost all love of reading due to my menopausal symptoms and poor concentration over the past few years, but I feel a little more hormonally balanced at the moment and the above reflects that. Long may it last!!
I have loads still to read, both on my shelf, on my kindle, in a bag of more books from Sophie and a wish list that goes on forever of what I still need to add.
One book at a time x
With the holidays coming to an end, my reading will slow down to mainly at bedtimes, the odd afternoon (maybe) My aim has just been to read and get my enjoyment back! I lost all love of reading due to my menopausal symptoms and poor concentration over the past few years, but I feel a little more hormonally balanced at the moment and the above reflects that. Long may it last!!
I have loads still to read, both on my shelf, on my kindle, in a bag of more books from Sophie and a wish list that goes on forever of what I still need to add.
One book at a time x
So, next time I write, we will be in September!! I do love September. I love the start of a new school year and the beginning of new routines but this year, I really don't want the summer to end.
Jeff has 3 more 'full' school years ahead of him before he retires. I will follow suit, just because it means we can holiday together in the shoulder seasons of the school holidays. I would have to give up my lovely gallery job as it requires me to work September, which would be a great shame. The exam invigilation, the job I like least, could continue as you give your availability rather than be contracted to set times. It's still a long way ahead but it's been a big topic of discussion this summer and the way time seems to be whizzing by, it will be here before we know it!!













No comments:
Post a Comment