Sunday 23 February 2014

A year ago....

A year ago yesterday, our world turned upside down - Jeff was told that his job was at risk of redundancy. It was a Friday and I had just paid for our holiday, I remember taking his phone call in disbelief "it won't be you, they won't make a Maths teacher redundant!" but as we later found out, it was him. Not because he wasn't good at his job, quite the opposite he was too good at his job, too respected and liked by his colleagues and someone felt threatened. 

A few weeks, months of uncertainty followed but due to his skill and work ethos, he was able to get another job, although temporary. A few months in, he applied for another job and is now in a permanent position doing a job that he loves. We're so proud of him - he is a great teacher, he is someone who will step up to do extra, he is a team player and is finding the respect he deserves amongst his colleagues in his new job. His new school has gained a fantastic teacher and a year on from that horrible day, he is in a much happier place.


I'm a believer that things happen for a reason - a year ago I struggled to understand and couldn't see how any good could come out of the horrible situation we were put in but things have worked out for the best.

I still hope one day Karma will play it's part but I also must remind myself that life is for living and that episode in our lives is over, a closed chapter and we have security and a life ahead of us to enjoy.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that all has turned out for the good in the end for you. You so deserve the good. Breathe a sigh of relief and move on and leave the worry in the past where it belongs. On and upwards! Mandy x

Debdor said...

We are so lucky here in our little British bubble, we trundle along in our jobs, thinking we are all snug - then bam! Out of the blue it can all be snatched from under us, and we remember that the world can be a tough place. I am so glad it all worked out for the better for you and yours. I am just about to be made redundant - wish me luck in this new Britain of zero hour contracts....

dots and spots said...

Thank you Mandy x

dots and spots said...

Sending bucket loads of Luck your way Debdor - it's the most horrible situation to be in and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I hope something good comes your way quickly.