Saturday 1 April 2023

Pinch and a punch......

.....hello April!


Farewell March, you were a looooong month! 
The wettest March since 1981 and the dullest March ever apparently!
Let's hope April is a sun filled month xx


As you know, I started my week 'signed off' due to my ongoing back pain. I did go in on the Tuesday at silly o'clock, to note take for a disciplinary and do tickets. I think it helped! He feels there is improvement and as I said to a friend, I feel more 70 than 90!!! Still more improvement to come but as long as we keep making progress, I'll do everything I'm told to do!


Jeff celebrated his birthday.....


....54!
He broke up on Friday. It's been a long term, so ready for the Easter break.


I went to Bath with a friend on Thursday. She can't drive at the moment and needed to go to a specific shop, so I was happy to take her. Treated us all to the fabulous Landrace Bakery cinnamon buns and an additional treat, a delicious hot cross bun!!  


Had a quiet day at home on Friday, was wet and miserable, as was this morning (Saturday) 
but finally the sun made an appearance, as have our bulbs out the front!!! 


Timed perfectly for Easter!



This photo really does not do the display justice!


So this morning our friend Di came over to cut our hair (not Sam though!!) We then dodged the showers later in the afternoon and went once around the block. Was like old times! Three years ago, Sam and I would go out daily for our 'Boris Walk' once around the block, and it was 3 years ago today I gave Sam his buzz cut and had to cut Jeff's hair!!
So I'm back in work tomorrow, my normal 8 hours, although have asked for time out to ice my back and am in for just 4 hrs on the Monday, taking the rest unpaid. Don't want to undo all the good I've achieved so far. 


The forecast for the week ahead is looking a little better, hoping the Easter weekend is sunny, at least dry. Would be nice to get outside. This is a neighbours Magnolia tree, you can see it from our bedroom window. They last for such a short time but it's beautiful when in full flower.


So Jeff is off now for the next three weeks. Sam is home for another two, he's picked up a few shifts at Sainsbury's, not as many as he'd of like but better than nothing. Sophie heads back after the Easter weekend. She's been working from home all this week and doesn't actually start her holiday until Wednesday, so it's been a bonus having them both here, although back to cooking all the time, meal planning etc. I hate that!!! We're planning on going to Cornwall to see my mum and dad one day and I have a chiropractor appointment booked in but otherwise have few plans for the coming week. Need to take the time to continue looking after my back, resting when not working, doing my exercises and icing. This is the most hopeful I've been in things getting better, so really don't want to mess up this opportunity. And then there's the packing!! I need to think about what to take for our next little adventure away. I really hope it's sunny and just warmer, doesn't have to be hot, just t-shirt weather in the daytime, jacket in the evening, just some blue skies and sunshine would be nice xx

No comments: