Tuesday 27 December 2011

Christmas in Cornwall


We have just got home from spending Christmas with my side of the family down in Cornwall - the first time in 11 years that I have not 'done' Christmas. So a big thank you to my Mum and Dad for looking after us and feeding us all so well.


Sophie loved her sewing machine and is looking forward to getting it set up, now we are home.

Sam has not been seen since we got home, as he's been upstairs building his Harry Potter Lego.


My little niece Ella, got a bike - what a fab pressie to find under the tree.


And my 88 year old Granny got lost for an hour or two on my i-pad - maybe next year's Christmas present!?!


As we were in Cornwall, Jeff my OH got to tick off one of his lifetime wishes - to take part in the Boxing Day Swim. He's always seen it on the news and always wanted to do it and so this year, he had no excuse.


He was lucky as it was 11 degrees - mild for this time of year but still a little crazy, if you ask me!


But there were quite a number of other like minded, crazy people to share the big event with!


And due to a low tide, there was quite a run to do before you even got to the sea!


But he did it and quite enjoyed it too!


Now to enjoy a quiet few days at home, there are a few orders to put together and there is my studio mess to tackle but I have an afternoon with the sofa booked and a couple of days of relaxation planned, before New Year arrives.

3 comments:

mayidesign said...

I really love reading your blog posts. Glad you had a nice Christmas ;)

Jean said...

We too were in Cornwall for Christmas. Brilliant weather. Happy NewYear!

bears footprints said...

you look like you had a lovely xmas, im telling you one thing though, you wouldnt catch me going into the sea at this time of the year x x