Saturday 31 December 2011

dots and spots 2011


Well what a fabulous year 2011 has been for dots and spots. I still have to stand back and sometimes take in, all that has been achieved - when it was never my original intention to do it at all. dots and spots has naturally evolved from a set of 8 designs and has grown in response to each event, happening, saying yes, instinct, I'm not sure how to otherwise describe it, rather than any big business plan. Possibly not the best way to tell people how to start and build a business but it is the honest story behind dots and spots.

January
Our first trade exhibition at Top Drawer
a design led show at Earls Court London

February
We moved into new, bigger premises
having outgrown our previous unit within 6 months

March
This little blog celebrated 500 fabulous followers
Thank You

April
I left teaching for good!
A big step but one that needed taking!

May
Our first set of gift wrap was designed
Something I have ALWAYS wanted to do!

June
Very Exciting!
Holly and Nicola came to style and photograph our little house for a major glossy magazine
(It's out in the next couple of days!)

July
We exhibited at Harrogate and produced more wonderful products

August
I hid away all summer to produce, pick and pack our biggest order to date.
Over 90 BIG boxes were sent out

August also saw me receive an retweet on twitter from no other than
Theo Paphitis - one of TV's Dragons

September
Our Big order made it out into the store's
30+ Dobbies Garden Centers around the UK

We also produced a set of Christmas Gift Wrap

October
I treated myself to an i-pad - a little treat for the business and
to make life a little easier!

I also had some design time working on new products
to be launched in the next few weeks

November
Our Advent Calender was launched onto you all and sold really well
Another product I've ALWAYS wanted to do!

I also worked closely with Owen, photographing our new products
for our new catalogue which is currently sat in boxes
waiting to be sent out any minute now!

December
And finally we are here today, on the last day of December.
I spent last night folding order forms ready to send out with our new catalogues in the next few days. I never seem to stop but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I wonder what 2012 will have in store!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

A perfect year for you! Good luck in 2012, and have a wonderful new year. Kx

Marion said...

Wow what a year. Well done. Bigger and better for 2012?
I'm sure it will be, Becky.

KC'sCourt! said...

Well done for 2011
Good luck for 2012
Happy New Year
I bought some of your cards from a little shop in Bath Place Taunton yesterday!
Julie xxxxxxxx

Unknown said...

Wonderful year you've had Becky and I can't speak for anyone else but your statement at the start of how the business evolved is music to my ears. I think its the best way really - if it feels right do it - if not don't!Masses of luck in Jan - of course you've done it before so I imagine it will go even better. x Gabs

little homebird said...

I got my fav magazine yesterday and was having my first flick through and there you were with your house on show! What a lovely house you have! I got some of your Christmas cards this year and it was hard to send them out as I wanted to keep them all for myself :)

Good luck for all your plans next year!
Ali
:)

Sandra said...

What an amazing year, and here's to 2012 being even better for you

Jenny said...

It's been wonderful watching your business grow so much this year Becky, you deserve every bit of sucess for all your hard work and talent! Here's to an even more successful 2012! xx

Just me, Leah said...

I can't wait to see what you have planned for 2012!