Saturday 15 September 2012

Swansong

 If you are a regular follower you will know all about my swan and the journey she and I have had since she arrived in April (that does seem a long time ago now). Well all the swans were brought in a couple of weeks ago to be preened and restored to their former glory, in preparation for the Auction. As you can see, my swan needed quite a bit of love and attention as the mix of paper, rain and being climbed on, hadn't mixed very well! But I let her dry out for a couple of days, cut out all the wet, soggy damaged sections and

 she left me looking lovely and at her best - as good as new ready for the Swansong Weekend.

 Last night all the Sponsors and Artists were treated to a preview of all the swans together for the first and last time, on display in the grounds of


 I must say the gardens looked beautiful. When I lived in Wells, I used to have a season ticket and visited weekly with the children, meeting friends whilst the children played. It has been a good 8 years since I last went and although some bits had changed, it hadn't lost it's secret charm and loveliness.

 The swans looked fantastic laid out around the walled gardens.

 All lined up in their sparkly best!

 Ian - the 'Swan Wrangler' very kindly put mine on a special trolley, rather than on the wet ground just to keep her 'tip top' for the auction in 2 weeks time.


It was a lovely evening and I shall be returning today with the children and my Sister and niece to experience it for one last time. If you are local it is on all weekend and worth a visit.

No comments: