Saturday 27 July 2013

It's not every day you're 90!!


 So today is a special day, a day when flowers are in order.


A beautiful birthday Bouquet


Presents wrapped for a special someone


and cards chosen for that special occasion.


Balloons were dutifully collected,


for my Granny's 90th Birthday!


Mum and Dad chauffeured her up from Cornwall for the day and we all met for a family lunch in the Spread Eagle Hotel at Stourhead.


Great Grandchildren


Grandchildren


Son

  
My sister made her a fabulous cake.


Well, it's not every day you're 90!


I'm very proud of my Granny. She may be 90 but she still lives independently, she walks every day and just over a year ago, she got her own i-pad and happily emails the children, 'facetimes' and has even started following me on twitter!!


Her present was this beautiful Kirsty Elson commission of her old bungalow on the clifftop at Portreath, complete with Pepperpot. I spent all my childhood Summer's there and it was where she spent her happiest years with Pa-pa, my Grandfather whilst he was alive. It was so hard to buy something for a 90 year old so I hope it is something she can enjoy.

I'm now on the hunt for a 100 card to hide away in the drawer!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Granny! I love the cake!