Sunday 15 June 2014

What a weekend should be!


We've had a lovely weekend, shared with family. 


I spent Friday evening avoiding the football by baking cakes for my visitors on Saturday.


The house got tidied too - anything rather than watch the football!! 


So on Saturday my Mum and Dad came over with my 5 year old niece. They were on babysitting duty as my sister was away at a wedding. It was a beautiful day, a perfect day spent in the garden.


They left late evening and boy was I shattered, I had forgotten how tiring it was to entertain a 5 year old all day and to be fair Sophie did the majority of that! 


Today - Fathers Day, has been a more relaxed affair.
(LOVE the Coke bottle styling)
 

Jeff started off the morning been woken by Sam to go and play squash (he stayed up late to watch the football). On his return he got treated to his gifts to say thank you for being such a great Dad!


Of course Fathers Day wishes go to Jeff's Dad and my Dad  today too.
I love this photo of me and my Dad on my wedding day, taken 18 years ago now - eek!
We had a bit of scare during this past year with my Dad's health but fingers crossed all is good now.


I hope you have had a lovely weekend - a small confession, I realised it was the birds eating my strawberries not the slugs and snails, so have netted them and hopefully that's done the trick!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Becky, Glad you had a FAB if tireing weekend i thought it was just me who avoided the football,not a lover of it at all!! Strawberries look yum, enjoy
Best Wishes
Sue xx

KC'sCourt! said...

I managed to avoid the footy too!
Julie xxxxx

Anonymous said...

I too avoided the football. Hope the strawberries now survive! Mandy x