Friday 8 August 2014

What a wonderful week!

We have just returned relaxed, refreshed and batteries recharged after a wonderful week away in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca.


It was a return visit to the Puerto Azul Hotel as we had such a fabulous time there 2 years ago. There is a new manager at the helm and improvements had been made to the rooms giving them a modern makeover. 


The one downside with any poolside holiday is the sun lounger routine. Thankfully here the loungers were chained up until 9am so there wasn't the ridiculous 7am 'grab a lounger' scenario. You still had to be around by 8.30'ish to get your 'spot' but as my 2 insisted on being the first in the pool every morning, it wasn't a problem.


What we enjoy and have come to realise we need, is good old family time together with no interruptions.


Our days were spent poolside,


and our evenings were spent in the seaside town of Puerto Pollensa.


I spent my week on a lounger, swimming in the pool (20 lengths every morning) .......


reading, people watching, drinking coffee......
  basically doing nothing at all and I loved every minute.


 I love the fact I don't have to think about food - meal plan, shop, cook for a whole week and I actually managed to lose 1/2 a pound.  I've come home feeling completely relaxed and refreshed.


I love how the children become closer when away - none of the walking 10 paces ahead, not wanting to have anything to do with one another, less bickering. They really do enjoy each others company when away which is refreshing to see.


Puerto Pollensa is the most beautiful place - we stumbled upon this tranquil square on our last evening. The boys went swimming in the sea a couple of evenings whilst us girls walked the pine walk along the sea front.


Our last evening was treat time - they'd been eyeing these ice cream sundae's up all week. So as it was Sam's 12th birthday the following day we thought it only right to celebrate a little early!


I think Sam had mixed feelings about having his birthday on the day we returned - he had a 5.45am wake up call and had to wait until we got home to open his pressies, so may have to reconsider when we go next year. My fears about how he would cope with the heat weren't an issue. Maybe because we had some glorious weather before we came but he survived fine - air conditioning and time out up in the room certainly helped.
 

This photo is my favourite from our time away - I must get it framed.

So we are now at home, working our way through the piles of washing, catching up on emails and orders, I have a birthday cake to make and a garden to tend to. It's back to life as normal.........


.........although I will start to give plenty of thought to next years adventures x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We always go to,puerto pollensa too! It so beautiful there. So glad you had a good holiday. Great photos! Mandy x

Christinef said...

I love your blog! Glad you all had a wonderful holiday, what a beautiful place to go to. I am in New Zealand, it is Winter! I have enjoyed your garden building and I am looking forward to warmer weather soon and getting my garden going again. Christine