Sunday 23 November 2014

What a busy weekend!



So the weekend has come and gone in a flash!
Saturday was a girlie treat day in Bristol for Sophie and I. We enjoyed a little shopping, a lovely lunch and then watched the fantastic performance of Top Hat at the Bristol Hippodrome.


It was F*A*N*T*A*S*T*I*C 
I always come out of live Musical Theatre in awe of the talent and energy of the performance - well worth every penny. We're so lucky to have the Bristol Hippodrome so close and the amazing shows it has to offer. WICKED in March is next on the list and I can't wait.


Then today, an impromptu day trip to Cornwall to visit my Granny. She unexpectantly ended up in hospital last week and it was the Summer when we last saw her, so I just felt the need to visit. It's a 6 hour round trip but well worth it, even for just a few hours. We even took her first 'selfie' at the grand age of 91. Family and time together is precious and I'm so pleased I made the effort to go. Saw Mum and Dad too when they popped in, so an added bonus. Tomorrow will be busy catching up on all my orders - we'll be at the 'Barn' too next weekend so a busy week ahead.

3 comments:

WinnibriggsHouse said...

Sounds like you had a great if hectic weekend. I was in Harrogate on Saturday at the Knitting &Stitching show. Always worth a look and I bought some lovely fabric there. Have also booked the theatre for March, but for the ballet. Mrs Kipperchops and I are off to see Skeeping Beauty. Can't wait!

dots and spots said...

It was a bit on the busy side but worth it. It's always nice to have something to look forward to and the ballet sounds wonderful. And of course you now have a wedding to plan for too x

Unknown said...

Wicked is the best thing ever. I saw it in Leeds in the Summer and was buzzing for weeks.