Saturday 9 June 2018

Following on.....

.......from last week and the garden progress.

 

We inherited a crazy paving patio which wasn't to our liking, so Jeff knocked down the wall around the edge of it last summer and then this half term......


.... decked and gravelled over it!


Ta-da the finished garden.
Just need to sand down and repaint the table and benches and the hard work is pretty much done! 
Fab job Jeff x


We've had a little visitor in the garden. This little robin arrived in February, started building a nest then abandoned it never to be seen again, or so we thought. A week or so ago it was back, in the same spot, busy nest building again and......


.... I peeked! She has laid 5 eggs. She'll now sit for 2 weeks before the eggs hatch
Very 'egg-citing'


She's built the nest in the back on the top red trug, in behind the geraniums and lobelia. It's right by the back door, so we're trying not to disturb her too much and fingers crossed we'll have baby robins in a couple of weeks.


It's been a stressful week in our house, exam pressure is getting the better of Sophie and Sam is still far too laid back for my liking but it is what it is. I was glad of my Wednesday night yoga to breathe and zone out for a bit. I've been going for 2 years now, Jeff the one - I never want to go (too tired) but always glad I have.


I think Sophie needs to do yoga, de-stress, breathe, it's such a hard time for her at the moment. These exams have been the worst, as she knows what she needs to get, to be able to go where she wants to go and do what she wants to study. I don't understand why exam questions aren't written to get the best out of students, rather than ask obscure questions and not ask anything on what they have actually studied for the past two years! We've had tears, self doubt, why work hard and revise all you've learnt, then not be questioned on it???? SIGH! I hate exams, always have, always will, I don't think they are the best way of measuring an individual's abilities but hey, we will will deal with the results as and when and what is meant to be, will be xx

I'm off out tomorrow evening, need a night off, will share pics later x

No comments: