Tuesday 14 July 2020

Something to look forward to x



So as you know, we should be sunning ourselves in Majorca at this very moment, 
but as with most things this year it got cancelled! 


The owner originally agreed to carry our booking over to next summer but has since been in touch and has decided to not continue letting out the villa! So as disappointed as I was about not being able to enjoy the lovely villa I'd found, it did then free up again the summer of 2021. Now in August 2021 Jeff and I celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary and we'd always planned to go to Greece that summer, just the two of us. So with no holiday now booked in Pollensa, I got searching for places to stay in Greece.


Now for the past two years, this summer would of been our third, we've booked everything independently, flights, transfers and a private villa with our own pool. Back in 2015, our 4th family getaway abroad, All Inclusive, we stayed in a hotel where you literally had to run to get a sunbed every morning and I vowed NEVER to do that again. There are 1000's of villas out there, often they're too big for us as a family of four, far too expensive or they're a drive away from the nearest town. I do have to spend a lot of time searching out something suitable for us all but it's been worth it. Now for just the two of us in Greece, a villa with a pool in a central resort location seemed off our radar, until I found this gem! (above) No pool but access to your own beach!


I'd already narrowed down my search to the island of Corfu as that's where Jeff and I went on our very first holiday together, back in the summer of 1993. 


We returned a second time in 1997 to the resort of Kassiopi, a place we both said we'd happily go back to, so that's where I started searching.
 

It's a beautiful resort up in the North of the island about an hour and a half from the airport. When we stayed there in 1997 we just had a room. It was cheap and back then we'd have the luxury of two full weeks away. I started searching for villas with a private pool but these were either too expensive, too big or too far out from the resort. And with it being just the two of us, there wasn't the same need for our own pool. We'd had that really for Sam and his issues with the heat. Yes, we all enjoyed it too but it was a luxury.


Anyway, I widened my search and found this absolute gem!

Apartment on the left, top floor.


It might not have it's own pool but 'just' access to this little spot!!




 So I've booked it for a week, with a full cancellation policy should this summer be repeated. 
It actually sleeps five, so plenty of space for the two of us......
  

....and what a view to wake up to every morning.
I can not wait!

We aim to fly out and spend a couple of nights in Corfu Town first, as we've never actually been before, so I have a little more research to do there. I love having things to look forward to and researching everything is half the fun. 
We work hard and enjoy our week away in the sun. 


We took a gamble back in the Summer of '93. Jeff and I met in a nightclub in Bath the Christmas of '92. He was in the Air Force based in Germany, I was in my final year of Uni. We wrote to each other, possibly only saw each other briefly 3 or 4 times, didn't really know each other that well, but decided to go on holiday together. Jeff paid, as he was working and I was a poor student, about to start my first teaching job that September. It was fabulous, still so many happy memories, so the perfect place to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary and 28 summers together xx

Roll on the summer of 2021 x


No comments: