Monday 7 November 2022

Birthday catch up


Wow! What another busy old week....


........ the end of October, into November!


The birthday month for Sophie and I, can't believe she's 23!!


Back in 2020 at the start of the second lockdown, Sophie celebrated her 21st birthday and we gifted her a European Adventure 'somewhere' when it was safe to go! She wasn't ready to travel last year and we've had to wait for her to start her new job to confirm dates but this week, we celebrated her 23rd birthday together in Italy.


We had a birthday tea at home with Jeff and....


....facetimed the boy, before she and I flew out to Italy.


I worked my normal Sunday, Monday and extra Plinth Tuesday, then on the Wednesday she and I flew out from Bristol, with Ryanair to Bergamo, Milan.



We spent day one exploring Milan....



....day two in Verona....


Cheers!!!


And day three in Bergamo.


I'll do a proper post about our adventures on Wednesday maybe, when I have a bit more time to share a little bit more about our trip. We flew home Sunday morning, she drove back to Cardiff and I enjoyed what was left of the day at home, as I'd booked the day as holiday. In fact I have the next 13 days off! 


Caught up with Sam, who is currently living his best life in Morocco!
Poor Jeff was slaving it away at home in wet Somerset, whilst we were all sunning ourselves. Anyway that's it now until April, Jeff and I have a week away in Rhodes already booked, need something to look forward to, get through the winter months. I'm looking forward to my bit of time off, get myself organised for Christmas and just a complete break away from work before the madness begins. There's a lot in the diary already over the next few weeks, so it certainly won't be restful but as long as I'm organised, all will be good!!

No comments: