Tuesday 29 November 2022

Late update - Cardiff sleep over

5 WEEEEEEKS! 


Well four and a half now, until it's Christmas.


So last week ended with a rare night out with Jeff during term time. I got tickets nearly a year ago for G4 performing in Wells Cathedral and booked ASK before to eat. Of course a year ago I hadn't realised it was Carnival, so getting there was a bit of a faff, as Glastonbury roads were closed but we made it in time (just!!) G4 wasn't as good as I was hoping/expecting, was a little too polished and they had this children's choir perform with them, which was great for the parents of said children but not really what I paid to see. Much preferred the choristers candlelit services from past years.


Was nice to spend time with this one though!
I then worked my Sunday and Monday, overtime on Tuesday, Wednesday.....
...which was absolutely exhausting.

Thursday, a complete change of scenery..... Cardiff bound!


I was staying at Sophie's but met up with Sam first and treated him to a supermarket shop to keep him going/eating properly over the next couple of weeks. I popped into his house, met a few more of his housemates and tried to ignore the state of the kitchen!!!!! Then headed over to meet up with Sophie.


She and I headed down to Cardiff  Bay and out to Zizzi's for a meal. Sam was originally going to meet us but the weather was awful, so I told him not to bother, as we were going on to ......


....the theatre!
Wales Millennium Theatre is a beautiful venue.


Sophie had treated us to tickets to see My Fair Lady.
A fabulous performance.


I stayed at Sophie's, got the train into Cardiff Center in the morning and met....


....Sam at Bill's for brunch!
Feeding him up a bit!!


We then did a little shopping. I owed him a pair of Doc Martin's from his birthday in August, so he cashed in his IOU, going for the boots, whilst I met have treated myself to a cherry red pair of DM's too!! He headed back home and Sophie met me after work and we went to see......


....Matilda at the cinema.
F*A*N*T*A*S*T*I*C


A really lovely day spending quality with them both x


I spent the night a Sophie's again, getting a treat Chinese takeaway to share!
Then Saturday morning our plans had to change. We were originally going to head over to Bath, to meet up with my sister and have a mooch around the Christmas markets but there was a train strike which meant she had no way of getting back to Cardiff, so we changed our plans. Instead we put up and decorated her tree and how lovely it looks too. A special moment to share together. It's early, earlier than we would do ours but she's living on her own, working predominantly from home and will be back here in the week or so leading up to Christmas, so she can have a bit of time to enjoy it.


So before I headed for home, we enjoyed a coffee and a cinnamon bun.
A truly lovely few days with them both.
All the festive feels before going back to work.


And only 4 weeks to Christmas!

No comments: