Saturday 19 November 2022

Birthday girl x

Another busy week but it started off well, with a rare Sunday off!!


Jeff didn't run as per usual but instead came out for a walk with me. 


I love the woods, he prefers open spaces, so we headed down to the River Brue.


Monday was my birthday!
First mince pie of the year for breakfast - it's tradition! 
Well not the breakfast bit but always the first mince pie of the year!!


52!!!!!
Where have all those years gone?


I took myself off to Wells for the morning, was better than forecast....


.....then in the evening caught up with these two xx



Tuesday was wet, the weather hasn't been great during my time off, 
so I got on with prepping the Christmas display for work......


.....and went in on Wednesday to put it up!
I had a Regional meeting via Teams, so had to go in anyway!


Thursday, my friend Lynn was away and Jeff had to do a late duty at work, 
so I headed over to Ham Wall late afternoon to see the murmurations. 








Not gonna lie, they were slightly disappointing. The wind and the rain whipped up and although they were plentiful in number, the starlings flew in and headed straight down to the reed beds to roost, rather than show off and dance in the sky! Managed to get a few reasonable shots.


Had a nothing day yesterday, sometimes you need those sorts of days!
This morning however was beautiful, blue skies, crisp, cold, frost.....


....so I headed up to the top of Wearyall Hill, above the mists.


What a view!



It was cold and frosty but I like it like that.


From the top of the hill, I wandered down to the River Brue, back where I started my week!!


So it's back to work properly for me tomorrow, I've enjoyed my time off. Wish I could be off forever but sadly the funds can't afford that just yet!! I'm in for the next 4 days then off up to Cardiff to stay with Sophie and see Sam whilst I'm there.



The joy of having Sophie in Cardiff, is that we can book tickets and have somewhere to stay. After my 50th birthday disappointment and our chance to see Deacon Blue was cancelled, then the rearranged date was on a work day so we couldn't go, we have tickets!! Something to look forward to.


We also booked a cheeky few days away in Malaga, as soon as Jeff breaks up and before the Christmas madness builds for me! It was super cheap and as Jeff is teaching himself Spanish and hasn't had the chance to visit Spain this year, we decided to go! A Christmas present to ourselves!! Sorry kids and you thought you were coming home to see us, they'll be house sitting instead!! HA!

No comments: