Saturday 12 November 2022

Home holidays

So I'm lucky in that I have two weeks of holiday booked here at home with nothing big planned. 
I need the time for a bit of a catch up.


I need to get my head in gear towards Christmas for starters.
On Monday I had my pelvis x-ray, the results are already back but I can't get an appointment to discuss them until the 25th, nearly 3 weeks after the x-ray. I'm guessing from that, that nothing has shown up but it seems crazy to have to wait for so long to find out! 


Anyway on Tuesday I headed into Bath. 
The forecast wasn't great, managed to dodge most of the showers.


Managed to get my hands on the last Landrace Bakery Cinnamon bun too!


Then in the evening I met up with my sister to go out for food and....


....see Will Young at the Forum, perform his 20 Year Anniversary tour.
I've mentioned it before, my sister and I don't exchange gifts for birthday or Christmas, instead we make time to do something together and Will Young tickets were timed perfectly xx


I did start the Christmas shopping....


....and did a little more on Wednesday in Clarks Village.
  I got my Covid Booster Jab done whilst there and then on Friday, when I went across to Shepton to get my hair coloured I bought a few bits in Dobbies.


Wednesday evening we had a power cut for over an hour! Had to dig out all my Christmas candles I had hidden away. Thankfully had just boiled the kettle, so could have a hot water bottle.


On Thursday I met up with my friend Lynn and popped over to Stourhead.


We just about managed to catch the autumn colours, should maybe of gone over there a week or so earlier but I was away and it was half term before that. Still it was a bit of colour on a otherwise grey, damp day.


And then today I popped over to my favourite woods for a couple of hours....


...just me and my camera.
Peace, quiet, still, calmness!

Tomorrow, I would normally be going to work but I have a whole week off to look forward to, before the Christmas slog begins. I do have some prep to do towards the Christmas display at work but other than that, I'm going to try and switch off for the week!

No comments: