Sunday 2 May 2010

2 Years and 400 yo -yo's!

Because she won't blow her own trumpet, I'll do it for her - the artist and a good friend of mine, Sharon McEwen Moore, has just completed the most beautiful quilt you can see below.

Each 'yo-yo' is individually hand made, before being stitched onto the quilt. 400 yo-yo's - each a mini masterpiece in its own right - were used to make the beautiful finished item, taking two years of patience and needlework!

I'm lucky enough to own one of Sharon's smaller pieces - a beautiful cushion that is a constant reminder of our friendship and which has pride of place in my home.

Sharon truly is a talented artist, I would have neither the skills nor the patience to produce such items that do deserve to be described as works of art.


A close up to show some of the yo-yo's in detail.

My own McEwen Moore Masterpiece!

Not only is Sharon a creative artist, she is also an imaginative, creative and talented Early Years teacher and you can read her blog here

And you can follow her on Twitter, too!



11 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the cushion, it is wonderful, and 400 yo-yo's a quilt to be seen. Kxx!

Gabriella said...

absolutely stunning. Incredible love and patience there and a gorgeous cushion too. Lucky you :)

Muddy Puddle Crafts said...

400 ! thats commitment but the end result says it all, beautiful. I would love that cushion

hello gorgeous said...

OMG! this is GORGEOUS! i love it ;o)

Gonna check out her blog....thanks ;o)

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

moncherry said...

Wauw, both look amazing!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
GiddyStuff said...

That takes patience. Working on white fabric without ruining it would be a challenge for me. And the cushion is lovely.

sharon said...

Thank you for adding my quilt to your lovely blog Becky! Am very touched by your kindness X

The fabric of my life said...

What a talented lady, a truly beautiful piece of work. You are a lucky girl to have that cushion :-)

Amalie said...

wow!!! I can't believe that she took the time to hand stitch them all on that backing. I am making a runner for my bed but have not considered putting it on backing. Thank you for posting. It is beautiful.

Rhondi said...

Someone pinned this on pinterest and I just had to visit and tell you I love it! I'm a quilter too.pativ