Saturday 15 May 2010

How does your garden grow?

I LOVE my garden - it's not big but it's all mine!
Living in Boarding Schools for the past 7 years has allowed me to enjoy the vast grounds on offer but not a space I can call my own. We did have a roof terrace once that was accessed via the bathroom window but we were on full view of everyone and it was extremely dangerous with 2 young children. In our last school we had a corner of the playground, just big enough for a bench, a few pots and a paddling pool but every time the school bell rang we felt like exhibits in a zoo!
Then we moved to our current house, our 'own' house with our own private garden and haven't looked back.

I have the envious position of my studio being at the back of the house, looking out over the garden.

After this recent unseasonal cold spell, I've been peering out of my studio, doors firmly closed, wishing for warmer weather.



This morning the promised sunshine is shining - I've enjoyed my breakfast outside and had a wander around the garden looking at all it's promise for the month's ahead.


The clematis is beginning to flower.


The grasses are lush and green.


The prize Allium's are beginning to flower in all their glory. Must remember to keep my son and his football away until they flower fully!!


The tree is beginning to leaf but had a very heavy 'haircut' in the Autumn and I'm not holding out much hope of a lush, green canopy this year.


Enjoy your garden this weekend, where ever you are!


12 comments:

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Your garden looks so lovely. I remember thinking that when I was lucky enough to visit your studio a few months ago. It is so sastifying to see the garden wake up again in Spring.

We've been doing a lot of gardening lately, we are creating a back garden from scratch!

Have a lovely weekend
Warm wishes
Isabelle x

All things nice... said...

Wonderful garden, love it and it is obvious that you look after it really well :) Keep up the good work!

All things nice...

saraeden said...

Your garden looks lovely and how i wish i had a pretty little studio like yours and i am sure my long suffering family wish i did too ;)
My garden is a work in progress but it is starting to take shape ... well a little !

Have a fab weekend

Sara x

Rebecca said...

What a pretty garden, it must be so inspiring to work to close to your garden!

KC'sCourt! said...

What a pretty garden

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos, thanks

Unknown said...

What an amazing garden. So beautiful and looks like it has come straight out of the Country Living magazine.

Aswell as the gorgeous lush plants I do love the bunting and the red watercan is fab-u-lous. Where did you get it?

Happy gardening.

Clare
x

Muddy Puddle Crafts said...

A lovely garden, looks different from every angle, so lush and green I just love it when things start popping open :)

WinnibriggsHouse said...

That is so pretty, what a view from your studio.
Received my note book today, it is fabulous. Thank you very much. I will mention it in my next post.
Jenny x

Nic said...

What a lovely garden you have! I spent most of the day in mine yesterday trying to tidy it up a bit. I love having a garden.
Good luck keeping your son away from the allium. Its lillies in my garden that seem to be the target for my son!

andamento said...

I like seeing pictures of other people's gardens, yours is lovely!

kirsty said...

A very pretty English garden. Love the bunting and the shed!