Friday 10 September 2010

Inspired by a pair of socks!

You may or may not know that before dots and spots began, I was a primary school teacher and that during dots and spots first year I continued to work part time. Last year I just did a little supply teaching from time to time but from September of this year, I was coaxed back to do one day a week!



Of course the bag, folder, pencil case and brolly (wet playtime duty) are all spotty but so are a number of things around the room.



The oil cloth art table cover.


The home corner bits and pieces.




And a pair of socks!!!!!

The children are all aware of my love of dots and spots and surprise me every week with some form of spotty item. I just loved the socks today!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is so adorable.

The fabric of my life said...

I want those socks!!!

Vintage to Victorian said...

Gorgeous socks! What fun you'll have throughout the year!!!

dots and spots said...

It's quite funny they will all start to try to out-do each other - the cloakroom will be an array of spotty coats, hats, wellie boots etc not forgetting the hair accessories! When I left a year ago the collection of spotty gifts I received was something else - I bet ther aren't many teachers who can boast a collection of 3 spotty watering cans!

Nic said...

Aww. My little girl would soooo induldge you in the spotty-ness. I bet they love you.

All things nice... said...

Ah thats so cute, kids are great like that. When I was teaching, they noticed one day that I didn't have matching socks on, so they wanted to check everyday. Do they call you the dotty and spotty teacher :)

All things nice...