Tuesday 12 October 2010

Application approved!

Today I had an unwanted reminder - a bill for 'Top Drawer' a design led Trade Gift Fair in January! I was thrilled to have my application approved but it has made me think new designs, new products and deadlines. Once again I am being driven by deadlines rather that creating in a more relaxed time frame.



But sometimes deadlines are necessary. I have wanted to create stickers now for about 2 years now and pricing has always been my major obstacle. Now dots and spots is getting out to a wider audience and orders are more assured, print runs can therefore be bigger and therefore prices per item are reduced. With a new big show to aim for - deadlines are getting shorter and designs need to be done, however busy I am!

So I have been creating late into the evenings due to time restraints and have been loving every minute. My first set of designs went to the printers this morning and the next set will be started over the weekend. They will be sold as a pack of 2 sheets, 15 designs per sheet so 30 stickers per pack in total. A set for girls and a set for boys to start with and if they sell well there will be future packs in the pipeline.

Well I have to order 10,000 sheets - so only 5000 packs to sell - no pressure.

As and when they arrive at dots and spots HQ, I will let you know and do a little giveaway!
So keep visiting to find out when that will be!
Oh and let me know what you think of them!

14 comments:

HeartfeltHandmade said...

these are gorgeous! love them :o)

joy said...

you are amazing, becky, I wish I had your energy and creational talents, brilliant,
joy xx

Fay's Studio said...

They are absolutely gorgeous. I love them. They will do really well! x Fay

Chloe Mabey said...

Very pretty, im sure they will go down a storm.
Chloe
xx

Sue said...

These are really lovely, I was going to say gorgeous, but I see I've been beaten to that one!!

You'll do well with these I'm sure.

Sue xx

made with love said...

Love them. They are great.
Well done on Top Drawer.
Rachael X

hello gorgeous said...

cute, cute, CUTE!!!! :o)

Love 'em

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

Anthea said...

oh becky they are soooooo sweet :) I can't wait to see the little boys ones too! Glad you are enjoying your creative time - even if it is a chore to find it!

Take care x

Judith said...

These are cute 'dots' (-: Very gorgeous!!!'
Greetings from Judith

TopCat76 said...

wow, great designs you have been busy!! Tracey xx

Crafts @ Home said...

Beautiful, everyone will love using them.

Killiecrankie Farm said...

oh to be so popular ;)
all your years of hardwork have obviously paid off.

your stickers are lovely - what a great choice of designs. i can see them on the backs of envelopes as seals.

Congrats on your Fair Trade gig - nothing like fresh inspiration to send a person into overdrive.

Vintage from the Village said...

Fab as usual !
When you are at a loose end (he he) how about designing fabric !
Sue x

Emma said...

I LOVE the stickers- the little mouse is so cute!
Emma
:)