Wednesday 27 October 2010

A rare day off!


So yesterday I took a very rare 'whole day off work' and treated the children to a day out in London. We were up at 6.30 am and out the door by 7.30 where we waited in a very rainy car park for the 'Super Fast' coach to arrive and take us all the way to Hammersmith.



First thing to tick off the list was the London Eye. Both my daughter and I are scorpion's and with birthdays fast approaching, we decided to treat ourselves to a ride on the London Eye. Sophie decided to do this instead of a party and as it's the big 40 for me in a couple of weeks it seemed like a fantastic idea. Sadly the weather wasn't to be on our side all day but we just about made it on before the heavens opened.



Anthropologie was on the top of my list of things to do - having seen so many photos of it, it was a must see for me and I wasn't disappointed. The way everything is displayed is fabulous.



I loved the recycled chandelier - wish I had a house big enough to house one!



The children wanted to visit Hamleys - of course! Although it seemed everyone had the same idea - very busy, too busy! We also went to Covent Garden - anywhere undercover to dodge the rain! So after a lot of 'tubing' (as the children put it) we got home just after 9pm, thoroughly exhausted but already planning our next visit!!

Today has been 'back to work' and very much playing catch up - too much to do and too little time!

4 comments:

Claire Hurd Design said...

Looks like you all had a great day despite the rain!

I am a Scorpio too and as a child would often choose a London trip as my birthday treat to go to Hamleys and see the Christmas lights.

These days my favourite place to visit is Libertys and next time I am in London will be heading for the Hummingbird Bakery!

Claire x

Kelly Innes said...

Hamleys....you are brave. Now Anthropologie I get ;-)

Farnell said...

great blog, love it

http://farnelldoodles.blogspot.com/

Elf Designs said...

Hi
Glad to hear you finally had some time off ~ even if it was only one day and raining! Love Em x
p.s I am having a little craft candy giveaway at my blog if you wish to join in http://elfcrafts.blogspot.com/