Monday 4 October 2010

A few of my favourite things!

I haven't shown you around my home for a while and thought I would share with you a few of my favourite things, things I have collected through the years, things I just love!

Like my bunting by Moobaacluck which adorns my fireplace. It was specially commissioned for me one Mother's Day and is very special to me!
My fabulous fabric wreath by Lisa Perry, bought for Christmas but stays up all year long!


My fabulous Spotty mouse - Myrtle, made by Shelley Rodgers



My dining room dresser which comprises of an old bookcase on top of an old junk sideboard find. I love the LOVE print by Caroline McGrath, bought last Christmas for me by my husband.



My Kitchen dresser has been with me for the last 20 years - bought brand new from a pine shop when I first set up home with my husband. It was given a face lift 10 years ago and was painted and now is a very much well loved, well used part of the kitchen!



MY kitchen - I love my kitchen it is on the small side but it's light and I designed it for the space we had. It's a mixture of old and new and the best bit it opens right out into the garden - where we seem to live in the summer months! Despite being added on to the back of the house, it still feels central to all that goes on. One day the floorboards will be painted white!



This is a new edition - I couldn't resist buying it from a little shop in St. Ives.


I love the way he perches on top of the cupboard in the bathroom.
The cupboard is one of my favourite pieces of furniture - it was a complete nightmare to get up the stairs and believe me it won't be moving until the day we move house as it's sooo heavy.



My bed - so comfy!

My son's White Company bear - so loved, so special!



Daughter's eclectic collection of cards, memories - special things!


My studio - my favourite place to be!

And my view from the studio!


13 comments:

kirsty said...

Wow, what a cheerful looking house! I especially love the bunting and Myrtle!

Claire said...

A lovely cheerful post for Monday morning, I love all your bits and pieces, my kitchen is similar in style and also a galley kitchen and it is also where everyone gathers, even though you need to be a size 8 (which I am not) to pass each other! xx

Sue said...

What a lovely house. I actually like the floorboards in the kitchen the way they are, they contrast so wonderfully with everything else.

Sue xx

marble rose said...

Eeeek - loving everything - kitchen is fab - jealous of bathroom cupboard - I wish I wish I wish......

We have such similar taste in....well everything.


Fleur
xxx

KC'sCourt! said...

what a lovely home you have
Julie xxxxx

Oily Muggie said...

Lovely and bright and cheery!

made by lolly said...

I'm glad to see it's not just my desk that gets so crammed with goodies that you no longer have room to work!

Anonymous said...

Your home is beautiful. I LOVE the dresser and linen cupboard.xx

Em said...

You have a lovely house.
Very happy and cosy looking, oh and spottie...Em x

Riddlers cottage flowers said...

Oh I loved looking around your home very pretty.
Lesley.

Charlotte Hupfield Ceramics said...

I can tell you love the colour Red! Your house looks lovely, I love the bunting and your mantle piece. I've only been in my house 3 weeks, and all those little bits & pieces that you have is what my house is lacking! But I'm sure they will build up over the years...

All things nice... said...

Oh what a cosy home you have!! I love your wee kitchen it's very country cottage just the way I like it :)

All things nice...

Shelley Weeks said...

Yay! Myrtle! How is she doing?

Shelley
x