Monday 5 November 2012

The pressure is building


I'm not sure why every year I expect things to be any different but this Christmas, the madness has started and is in full swing! It all began about 4 weeks ago - a noticeable change in the amount of orders 'pinging' in. I must say, it seemed earlier than previous years and has taken me off guard ever so slightly. I thought I would spend half term, leisurely designing new cards and planning out my new catalogue layout - the reality is, that I have done none of it and have days rather than weeks to get it all done - eek!


So yesterday I hid away in my studio all afternoon with no interruptions, trying to work out how to fit everything in the new catalogue. We are having an extra 24 pages but it's still all a 'squash and a squeeze' to get it all in! 


It doesn't help that Sophie had an Inset day today and I'd promised her weeks ago, that we would got to Bath shopping. So we did just that but have come home to even more orders to add to my growing pile to be tackled in the morning.

 

I'm also prepping madly for a couple of Christmas fairs I am doing this festive season .


I have a list as long as my arm for tomorrow of  web orders, trade orders, show prep and getting a fab partner giveaway ready, that I'll share with you later in the week.


If you are local and want to come and say Hello!
We will be in the Bishops Palace in Wells, Somerset
 at the Christmas Charity Fair on
Friday evening 5.30-9.30pm
and then again all day
Saturday from 9.30-5.30pm

We will be giving out special vouchers to anyone making a purchase at the show and will be showing off a few of our new products too. Special Show prices will be on offer, so make sure you come and do a little Christmas shopping and get ready for the big day.



2 comments:

RR said...

just found your blog and subsequently your website!
very pretty designs-trying to resist the urge to spend more pennies and add your burgeoning work load!!

hope you get some time to relax soon.

Pickle Lily said...

Catie and I were planning to visit Wells on Saturday morning for some fabric shopping, so we will make sure we come and say hello to you as well! Jo x