Wednesday, 11 March 2015

Keeping motivated!

As my weight loss slows into the final phase, rather than obsess over the numbers on the scales (which I do!), I've decided to focus my attention on getting fitter and more toned. 


I've been and 'investigated' other forms of fitness, as per my March goals and have signed up for a Legs, Bums and Tums session tomorrow. Quite a big deal for me who hasn't done an exercise class in 20 years! As a result I've been to Bath today on a mission to find a good sports bra. I've gone down from a 38 to a 34 which made it a very expensive morning, as I ended up getting fitted for an everyday bra too!


I even went out for a run yesterday - the first in a year and surprised myself by how much I could run and how good I felt after it, although my legs ache today, it was much easier 3 and 1/2 stone lighter. Last time when I suffered terrible shin splints I was trying to run every day, I've decided to run no more than twice a week, do 2 exercise classes a week, continue with my walking and when the Lido opens in late May, add that into the mix too.


I've had to buy new leggings and tops too - I tell you it's expensive losing weight and having to buy all this new stuff! Although saying that, I wouldn't turn back the clock and go back to how I used to be. 


 Jeff and I had to go out for drinks on Monday night and for once I felt comfortable and confident wearing my size 10 trousers and little Toast jacket.


As you can see, I by no means starve myself and even enjoyed lunch out in the garden yesterday.

So no more worrying about what the scales say - what will be, will be. It might take me a little longer than I'd like to get to Target but I will get there eventually and find/settle at my 'happy weight'.


7 comments:

En4tainment said...

You have done so well and looking great

Anonymous said...

Looking fabulous! New beginnings x

obat herbal lambung bengkak said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
joy said...

I've started a "£s for lbs" jar. For each pound of weight I lose, I'll put a pound in the jar, so when I get to target I should have about £40 to spend on new clothes - I know it wont go far, but it will be a help. You are looking great now and you are my inspiration to keep on going to Slimming World, I've made a slow start, but as long as I'm going downwards I dont mind if its slow.

Primroses Attic said...

you look great. and good luck with the exercise classes.
Rosezeeta

dots and spots said...

Thanks for the lovely supportive comments everyone.

That's a great idea Joy - it will be nice to treat yourself once you achieve your goal - maybe you could get hubby to double it!!

I do believe slow and steady is key to long term success - I guess I'm in no real rush but would just like to achieve things sooner rather than later x

obat herbal pembuluh darah pecah ampuh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.