Sunday 26 August 2018

2019 holiday....

....booked!!


As soon as I get off the plane from my holiday, I am researching next years trip. I come back enthused, excited to discover a new place and am conscious of what went right/wrong with the holiday just gone. Booking our own villa with a pool this year was fantastic and certainly the way we'll holiday whilst the kids are still with us. So after hours, and I mean hours of researching, we have booked our villa for next year, still in Majorca but in the town of Soller, close to Port de Soller, Deia and Fornalutx.


We realised this year, that with the added freedom of not having to bagsy a sunbed at 8am and stay on it all day, we are best getting up and exploring first thing, knowing we have the villa and our own pool to come back to. So we have gone for an area where we can do just that. There is a great coastal walk to Deia, obviously explore Soller and nearby Port de Soller. There is an old train down to Palma or it's just a bus trip away, plus the nearby town of Fornalutx.


It's just for a week, that's all we can afford but it'll be a week together as a family, that's if Sophie wants to or is free to come and join us! I like to book early so I know it's done, I have time to save up and it's something to look forward too. We used the website HomeAway to find our villa. I filter our choice to Private Pool, Air Con and WiFi! You can put in a price cap and room number etc and it'll show you all the listed accommodation in your search area - all very easy, 334 days and counting!



No comments: