Wednesday 12 December 2012

My Christmas Cupboard


In the corner of the dining room is my Christmas Cupboard full of my lovely Christmas bits and pieces. It remains Christmassy all year round, sitting quietly until it comes into it's own during the festive season.


It is full of special plates, Christmas mugs, jugs, special glasses and little keepsakes that need to be displayed all year around because they are just too gorgeous, to put away in a box!


My mugs are a mix of hand painted Italian Holly mugs, Cath Kidston red, Merry Christmas ones and some Emma Bridgewater classics. They come out the week before Christmas and get swapped over onto the kitchen dresser.


I love my champagne flutes with the splash of red up the stems


and I love my red glass wine glasses - very festive.


I had to have a festive tea cosy and this pudding one is perfect.


A new addition, is the hand painted holly bowl that I did on Sophie's birthday. I'm looking forward to getting that out and filling it with some festive treats.


It seems I have started a little collection of puds - hanging, felt, fabric, wax, sparkly - you name it, I seem to have got it. There are worst things you could collect!


Finally there is my gorgeous Christmas wreath and SPARKLE tealight holder.
This cupboard will be getting my full attention over the next couple of weeks and I'm sure one or two new bits might find their way into it before the festive season is out!

14 comments:

Stef@ said...

Niceeee!! Me too! 'm getting dressed to the nines my home .. with so many little things Christmas!
A kiss and good day
Stefy

Jacquie said...

Wow, I LOVE your cupboard. It's simply gorgeous and the bowl you decorated is wonderful. I must try painting a pot soon :0)
Jacquie x

Laura said...

Your cupboard is so bright and cheery ....definately too pretty to hide!

Have a great holiday

Lisa said...

So pretty. The perfect thing about the bowl is that you have to eat your way through the treats to see it in al it's holly goodness!
Lisa x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Country Rabbit said...

soooo beautiful- i love, adore your home- so christmasy it warms my soul ;0)x

primrosesattic said...

What a great collection. I would
love to have such lovely christmas
bits. We only have a couple of
childrens mugs which have just come out now.But watch this space!

Anonymous said...

My brother recommended I might like this website. He
was totally right. This post

actually made my day. You cann't imagine just how much time I had spent for this

info! Thanks!
Have a look at my blog fishingspain.net

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ilkmonclerdoudoune.org/]moncler doudoune[/url] hjuup [url=http://www.uggspaschercs.org/]ugg[/url] guvcb [url=http://www.uggspaschercs.org/]ugg pas cher[/url] xrmvt [url=http://www.louboutintob.net/]chaussures pas cher[/url] yceqz [url=http://www.ilkmonclerdoudoune.org/]moncler[/url] zkkuj

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.