Saturday 26 November 2011

Christmas at the Barn - Mells





This morning Sophie and I went to 'Christmas at the Barn' in Mells organised by the very lovely Rebecca.



It is set in a beautiful barn and although on a smaller scale - the sellers are all offering quality, handmade items so well worth a wander. You can see the full list of stall holders here but let me share with you, a few of Sophie and my favourites.






So first up the lovely Rebecca of edamay and organiser of this lovely event - her stand looked gorgeously festive and I was enticed, without much persuasion to open my purse.




I treated myself to this lovely, colourful wreath, already hanging by the fire,




This lovely scented pudding hanger and a pudding card to put on my dresser this year.



The lovely millie moon where there and Sophie treated herself to a few sewing kits.


And she was also tempted by these chocolates by 'Coco-Bella'



I bought one of these hyacinths from 'The Little Flower Company'

(another treat for myself)



These two wooden signs are possibly presents bought from a stand by Gaynor Ringland, but the trouble is, I like everything I buy, so could happily keep it for myself.




And finally there was a lovely stand by 'Jo Lucksted Ceramics' who actually has her studio in Shepton Mallet and I didn't even know!! Her things were beautiful and I bought a selection of little bits and pieces to add to gifts.



It was a lovely start to the Christmas festivities and Rebecca should give herself a huge pat on the back for organising such a lovely event. It is on again tomorrow so if you are local to Frome - pop in and have a look.


I do hope my twitter friend Rachel over in Bristol, has had a successful day too - 'Christmas at the Orangery' I really wanted to visit there too but things sadly didn't work out but of course, there is always next year!

3 comments:

joy said...

I'm moving to Warminster soon, so will have to remember that one for next year. All the things you have bought look lovely.
Joy xx

www.daisyley.co.uk said...

Gosh what lovely things. Wish I lived nearby but good for my purse that I don't!

Katie said...

Gorgeous post, so glad I found your blog, everything here is beautiful! Im proud to say im follower 650! Katie x